Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Simplifying electrical troubleshooting
Dtjaden
post Apr 29 2016, 11:13 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,915
Region Association: Northern California

I am sure that many of you have been confused trying to trace electrical problems with your 914. Even for those of that are able to follow the various 914 wiring diagrams a quick cheat sheet may be helpful.On one of the Plecan boards I recently stumbled across a diagram of sorts made for 911s that greatly simplified identifying the voltage source for each fuse, their usage and value.

I have created a similar diagram for our 914s and it is attached below. Since this is a first pass some of you may identify errors and model year differences and, if so, please bring these to may attention and I will update the diagram. Also please give me any feedback as to the usefulness of the diagram.

Attached File  914__fuses_and_voltage_sources_v2.pdf ( 221.2k ) Number of downloads: 185
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 4)
Spoke
post Apr 29 2016, 10:28 PM
Post #2

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

Very nice and useful. Thanks for making this diagram.
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Apr 29 2016, 11:27 PM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Spoke @ Apr 29 2016, 09:28 PM) *

Very nice and useful. Thanks for making this diagram.

I am not sure this is correct for a 73.

I will check tomorrow.
+Quote Post
Dtjaden
post Apr 30 2016, 12:20 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 15,915
Region Association: Northern California

It should be close. I primarily consulted the 1973 traditional wiring diagram and the 1974 current flow type diagram. Please let me know about any discrepancies you find.
+Quote Post
North Coast Jim
post Apr 30 2016, 06:13 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 19,450
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Dtjaden @ Apr 29 2016, 01:13 PM) *

I am sure that many of you have been confused trying to trace electrical problems with your 914. Even for those of that are able to follow the various 914 wiring diagrams a quick cheat sheet may be helpful.On one of the Plecan boards I recently stumbled across a diagram of sorts made for 911s that greatly simplified identifying the voltage source for each fuse, their usage and value.

I have created a similar diagram for our 914s and it is attached below. Since this is a first pass some of you may identify errors and model year differences and, if so, please bring these to may attention and I will update the diagram. Also please give me any feedback as to the usefulness of the diagram.

Attached File  914__fuses_and_voltage_sources_v2.pdf ( 221.2k ) Number of downloads: 185

Solved one of my problems that being the correct size fuse for each of the current paths. My Roller car had none installed. Haynes was no help either nor were some of the Current Flow diagrams I've obtained. Thanks. We are one step closer to electrifying the "Scarecrow" Project.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 03:17 AM