Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Simplifying electrical troubleshooting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dtjaden
I am sure that many of you have been confused trying to trace electrical problems with your 914. Even for those of that are able to follow the various 914 wiring diagrams a quick cheat sheet may be helpful.On one of the Plecan boards I recently stumbled across a diagram of sorts made for 911s that greatly simplified identifying the voltage source for each fuse, their usage and value.

I have created a similar diagram for our 914s and it is attached below. Since this is a first pass some of you may identify errors and model year differences and, if so, please bring these to may attention and I will update the diagram. Also please give me any feedback as to the usefulness of the diagram.

Click to view attachment
Spoke
Very nice and useful. Thanks for making this diagram.
914_teener
QUOTE(Spoke @ Apr 29 2016, 09:28 PM) *

Very nice and useful. Thanks for making this diagram.

I am not sure this is correct for a 73.

I will check tomorrow.
Dtjaden
It should be close. I primarily consulted the 1973 traditional wiring diagram and the 1974 current flow type diagram. Please let me know about any discrepancies you find.
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(Dtjaden @ Apr 29 2016, 01:13 PM) *

I am sure that many of you have been confused trying to trace electrical problems with your 914. Even for those of that are able to follow the various 914 wiring diagrams a quick cheat sheet may be helpful.On one of the Plecan boards I recently stumbled across a diagram of sorts made for 911s that greatly simplified identifying the voltage source for each fuse, their usage and value.

I have created a similar diagram for our 914s and it is attached below. Since this is a first pass some of you may identify errors and model year differences and, if so, please bring these to may attention and I will update the diagram. Also please give me any feedback as to the usefulness of the diagram.

Click to view attachment

Solved one of my problems that being the correct size fuse for each of the current paths. My Roller car had none installed. Haynes was no help either nor were some of the Current Flow diagrams I've obtained. Thanks. We are one step closer to electrifying the "Scarecrow" Project.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.