Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Early 914 part out., Crusty and rusty
hndyhrr
post May 5 2016, 08:03 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,332
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Papermaker @ May 5 2016, 07:37 AM) *

hndyrr--

I have the parts ready to ship. The UPS calculator estimate is $25, I use USPS because they offer 2 day delivery, a tracking number and $50 insurance for $5 more so figure around $30 for shipping. I'd like $25 for S&H and the 40 minute round trip to town.

I'm pretty sure that the grills were not broken but after I turn the bumper over to remove a stubborn screw the grill, which was hanging from the screw, appears to have broken from it's own weight (see photo, bottom of the right grill under the head light opening). My take-away is they must be very fragile! Take a look at the photo and let me know, if you want them.

--Papermaker

will take it all. so that would be 55 bucks? do you have paypal account
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
carguy987
post May 5 2016, 08:05 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 19,217
Region Association: South East States

How about the front bumper? Is it salvageable? mine were painted black. you think those can be blasted and painted black. Are they pretty straight and no rust thru?
+Quote Post
Papermaker
post May 6 2016, 05:01 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 1,578

hndyrr--

I PM'd you with PayPal account info. I hope that the parts work for you.

carguy987--

7Tposch asked first about the sail trim first so I'll wait for him to reply, otherwise the driver's side targa trim piece is yours. Can I reach under the fender with the tire mounted to loosen the nut? Wisconsin doesn't have many poisonous creatures but we have Brown Recluse spiders, wish me luck!

I just checked out the front bumper, it is black, it is straight and it isn't close to rusted through, even the bumperettes look good! There is surface rust on the front and back of the bumper.

It weighs 20 lbs. what's your ZIP and city, I'll check shipping costs.

--Papermaker
+Quote Post
carguy987
post May 6 2016, 05:53 AM
Post #24

City is Cape Coral Florida. 33991. Ok let me know about cost and sail trim. The drivers one looked good in the pic but the passenger one looks like it had a couple of dents
+Quote Post
Papermaker
post May 6 2016, 02:20 PM
Post #25

carguy987--

I checked shipping via USPS. It looks like there are two shipping options, 5 -7 day ground, no tracking number or insurance for $42 or 3 day delivery, tracking number and $50 insurance for $58. Let me know which way you want to ship the bumper. I took a second look at the bumperettes, both have collapsed areas (see photos). I can take them off which would save a little shipping cost.

I'll send a note to 7Tposch and see if he wants the sail trim pieces.

--Papermaker

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
carguy987
post May 6 2016, 02:45 PM
Post #26

Are the bracket holes o.k. for the bolts? Mine was rusted so bad the bolts broke off in the bracket. I'll go with the 42 shipping. How much do i owe you total? Is PayPal ok?
+Quote Post
Papermaker
post May 9 2016, 02:56 PM
Post #27

carguy987--

The brackets and the entire bumper is in good condition with surface rust only. Do you want the bumperettes (they both shows signs of contact in that there are areas that have a wrinkle in the rubber covers)?

7Tporch hasn't answered the sail trim PM and I see that he is active on the board today so it is yours. It is suppose to rain the rest of the week so I might not be able to remove the trim until the weekend.

As it stands I'll wrap the bumper and trim and take it to UPPS to determine the actual shipping cost (should be very close to $42. I'll also need another $25 for S, H and PP costs.

--Papermaker
+Quote Post
carguy987
post May 10 2016, 09:48 AM
Post #28

how do you want me to send payment?
+Quote Post
Papermaker
post May 16 2016, 11:31 AM
Post #29

Guys--

I've been spending quality time working on the 914. I've decided that it's not as good as it looks!

carguy987--

I tried to get the sail panel trim off but the fastener under the fender is mostly rusted away, but just strong enough that it won't break away. I also noticed that it has a dent on the inside edge of the trim making it iffy so I'm calling it not worth your time (or mine).

I took the bumper down to the Post office and they'll ship it ground (5 - 7 days). It will cost $47. I need $25 for gas, wrapping it, leg work and PayPal. Total cost $72 shipped. I'll send you a PM with payment info.

This is last call on the teener. Mission control has put up with it for many years and her patience is wearing thin. If you want anything else let me know ASAP!

--Papermaker
+Quote Post
Papermaker
post May 18 2016, 01:51 PM
Post #30

Guys--

A couple of weeks ago someone asked about the condition of the Targa bar trim so I took the roof off. Yesterday I noticed that there seemed to be a change in the 914's stance. The recycler is going to pick it up this afternoon.

--Papermaker

Attached Image
+Quote Post
carguy987
post May 24 2016, 10:23 AM
Post #31

Papermaker, on May 6 at 4:45pm I asked you if the bumper brackets were OK because on my bumper the bolts broke off in the bracket and that is why I was buying your bumper. You responded that the bumper and brackets were good only surface rust. Well I can't use the bumper now because both the brackets have bolts broken off in them. worse than mine, only one side is bad on mine. What can we do? I can only attach one photo to this post. I'll send the other side in another post.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
carguy987
post May 24 2016, 10:25 AM
Post #32

here is the other side. I'm very disappointed, this has been a total waste. If you had told me or taken a picture the bolts were broken off in the bracket I wouldn't have bought. I think you owe me a refund.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
carguy987
post May 24 2016, 08:11 PM
Post #33

PAPERMAKER,
I tried responding to your PM but the reply address does not work it said. Here is my message:

I tried a lot of that stuff on my bumper (PB blaster, heating, drilling, vise grips, etc) that is why I was looking for another. Now the reason I'm upset with you is I specifically asked you how the bracket bolt holes were, and if the bolt holes were OK? You responded yes its in good condition except for the rust. I really feel you misrepresented the part and owe me a refund. This bumper is actually worse than the one I have because the one I have is only broken off on one side and yours is on both. Now I'm sure you don't want a bad reputation on this site and want to continue doing business here, so I would suggest you provide my recommended solution.
+Quote Post
euro911
post May 24 2016, 10:32 PM
Post #34

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

I sent you the PM. Sorry to hear that those methods didn't work for you.
+Quote Post
Papermaker
post May 25 2016, 11:53 AM
Post #35

Hey carguy987--

I gave you the bumper!!! I'm sorry that shipping to your address cost money.

It is straight and very solid for a 45 year old bumper. Those were your initial questions. Don't the brackets and the rest of the bumper look as I described them?

Sorry, I didn't notice the broken bolts. I usually don't have too much trouble getting that type of sheared bolt out. I've had very good luck using a MIG or TIG to weld additional metal on to the broken bolt, and then welded a nut to the welded material. I've also used Kroil on them and let them sit a couple of days. I've heated them with a torch, letting it cool and then using easy out style solutions. The worst case basis, I'd just drill them out and tap them for an English bolt. Can any of these solutions work for you?

--Papermaker

PS. I think that my email is working normally.
+Quote Post
Kuby
post Jun 8 2016, 04:23 PM
Post #36

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 20,085
Region Association: None

those seats claimed yet?
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 08:58 AM