Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Distributor questions
Cuda911
post May 8 2016, 04:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,376
Region Association: Southern California

During the Route 66 Classic run my distributor decided that it had had enough. Fortunately Warren ("Worn") had a spare distributor, which Leamon and some others replaced in the hotel parking lot. The car is running fine. Now I owe Warren a new distributor.

My car is a '73 with FI and points. The distributor from Warren is from a 2.0

I found the chart below on Pelican. Mine (the old one) is 022-905-205 Q. It isn't on the list. From another web site, I guess that 022905205F is the new number for this part?

Some questions:

1) I'm not sure what distributor number I have from Warren. Were there more than one used in 2.0 cars?

2) The advance/retard characteristics are somewhat different amongst the various distributors. Does it matter if I leave in the one from the 2.0?

3) I want to replace the points with a Pertronix electronic ignition. I can't find the part on their web site (the search function just shows "no records found" for the distributor numbers). Do you guys have a suggestion as to which one?

4) If I leave the "incorrect" distributor in the car but replace the points with an electronic ignition, will it matter which distributor I have?

5) Do I need a new coil too?

6) Are there any other things I need to consider before swapping out the points?

Thanks in advance! (or is that in retard?)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 06:54 PM