Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> More paintings, a running thread
Britain Smith
post Oct 6 2003, 07:14 PM
Post #21

Nano Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 364

Let me know when you are going to be taking orders again. I would love to get my car painted on a shirt or something. I had it drawn in pencils and stuff and it turned out great.

-Britain

(IMG:http://www.britainsmith.com/Porsche/Images/121_2181d.JPG)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
fly
post Oct 7 2003, 12:28 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 1,119

Impressive work,
i am one of the newbies, any time to do one of my car?
Mike "fly"
fly@pacbell.net
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Oct 7 2003, 01:38 AM
Post #23

rich herzog

Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

QUOTE(fly @ Oct 6 2003, 10:28 PM)
Impressive work,
i am one of the newbies, any time to do one of my car?

Dave is "the guy" for apparel (wearable art) no question. i've even been talking to him about doing a shirt for me, because i know it'll get done sooner and look better than if i try to learn the technique again (i was close once, but you have to keep at it to stay proficient ...)

i'll be unpacking my studio from my NV->PA move later this month and will be able to start considering new work -- i do "flat stuff" like fine art wall-hanger portraits ...

check out the website and some of the stuff in the 'resources' section and see if there's anything there that inspires you. i always cut teener owners and Rennlist Members a bit of a break on the pricing ...
+Quote Post
djm914-6
post Oct 7 2003, 07:26 PM
Post #24

Happiness is: Getting on the road

Member No.: 248

I'm not entirely sure how long i'll be out of the commissioned art market. I'm only doing this as a hobby, but lately it's seemed too much like a business. If I don't enjoy a hobby, I don't continue with it. I do enjoy the painting part though, it's having to get stuff done to a deadline that's I don't like. Between my day job that can include up to 20 hours a week overtime, two kids, a wife and a house to maintain, it's really hard to get into the studio.

I have some projects to get done first, then I'll be able to get back into the studio. I'll offer any 914 inspired at to this group of nuts before going to Rennlist, Strange Bird site and evilbay.

Rich, you really should try some apparel work... maybe even canvas bags and chairs and such. Painting freehand (no masks and few if any shields) is very liberating. Also, the RC stuff is kinda cool. You can do a lot inside these little cars. I have a few special bodies that I've been dying to paint for a long time. Too bad I don't have a 914 body though. I guess I'll just need to have fun painting stuff on my 1:1 model.

Off like a prom dress....
+Quote Post
djm914-6
post Jan 18 2004, 02:36 PM
Post #25

Happiness is: Getting on the road

Member No.: 248

I'm just about finished with this shirt and need to figure where abouts to send it. Will someone email me with the address of the guy who owns this car?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
mikerose
post Jan 19 2004, 06:52 PM
Post #26

Happy to be back

Member No.: 60

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) That would be me. Very COOL (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 06:35 PM