Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Restoration 1st phase, some questions, paint scheme + tips, seats info
Dutchdriver
post May 12 2016, 12:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,983
Region Association: Europe

Hi all,

I am in the process of restoring my 914 1.7. It's a LHD EU model.

Right now I am stripping the car of all it's paint (now red, but there is yellow underneath). After that I will restore all rusted area's.

I want the car to be painted completely as original as possible, I have found someone (pro) who will do the painting.

My 1st question is: is there somewhere a "painting scheme", to see wich parts need to be painted? Of course the complete body needs to be painted, but was the engine compartement + trunk etc also originally painted in the main color of the car? Or where those area's always painted in black? Since my car has been repainted by Stevie Wonder, I wanted to check with you guys

2nd question for anyone who has already repainted his/her car: can you recommend to paint other parts besides the body as well? Since I am in the process of stripping and painting, maybe it's wise to paint some other parts as well. Just checking if somebody has got some tips out of their own experience.

3rd question: my 914 has a fixed right seat. On the internet I found out that all '71 models had a fixed seat and from '72 onwards, all models had movable right seats.
Is that correct? I have an original Porsche "birth certificate", which states the car was build in '72, so I am a bit confused on which exact model I have.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 08:25 PM