Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 4 barrel carb on rotary 13b (Holley?), Nope....its a heavily ported Nikki carb
matthepcat
post May 16 2016, 12:37 PM
Post #1

Meat Popsicle

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,125
Region Association: Northern California

I am a complete noob when it comes to Mazda rotary engines. Having just purchased a 13b conversion car, I am lucky enough to have found this one which runs excellent.

I am 95% sure that this car is running a Holley, but there are no distinguishing markings anywhere on the carburetor.

Here are a few pictures:

Attached Image
Attached Image

Is this enough for someone out there to say, "yep that's a Holley"?

The only strange characteristic of this carburetor is when I aggressively accelerate up to the 9k RPM range, it will sometimes sputter as I let off the gas like it runs out of fuel. I am assuming that this is a problem with the fuel pump being able to provide enough fuel pressure to flow at that RPM.

Reading online I see that most of the racing/high performance rotary guys run a fuel surge tank. Could this help cure this issue, or would a slightly higher performance pump with a good fuel pressure regulator cure the fuel starvation problem?

I currently run a Carter fuel pump that is probably old.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 07:18 PM