Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> Window Seals and firewall pad., Originality question.
mountainroads
post May 25 2016, 11:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,145
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

1) I'm replacing the door window seals on my 1970 and was sent two sets from Stoddard. One set has a decidedly wider base than the other. Sorry, no pics to provide right now.

I looked in Anderson's "authenticity" guide and the author points out that seals used at the top of the window were redesigned at some point (1973 ??) to add an extra lip, presumably for better sealing, but I could find no reference to any difference in the seals used at the base of the door windows. I also tried searching the "originality" forum threads here and came up empty on this detail. I'm assuming the base width is an earlier vs. later car thing and that the narrower based seals are correct for a 1970, but guidance from someone who knows or pointer to a thread on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'm guessing likely not, but any possibility there's a -4, -6 difference here?

2) All 914 engine bay shots I've seen don't show a firewall pad. Was this something Porsche elected not to use on the 914 line? And if so, does anybody know why? Mostly curious, because it seems like an odd thing to omit unless there was a good reason. Both from a safety and noise standpoint. Perhaps the fan intake bulge made for a difficult shape?

Thanks in advance.

- MR
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 06:36 PM