Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> If you were to sell one of these 914s, which one?
orthobiz
post May 27 2016, 07:58 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I have a salvage title 1974 1.8. And I have spent a lot of time and money sorting it out. Little things and bigger things. Not much original but it's a blast to drive. Every time I put money into it I question whether it's worthwhile but I have come to realize that it's not an investment, it's my summer daily driver. So, it doesn't have its original wheels, transmission, windshield. Even the interior (it's leather for real and it's cool). Right now it's at Brad Mayeur's and it has 944 seat belts put in, an original exhaust (I like 'em quiet), good used engine harness (mine was crispy), etc. etc. So if you have an original looking/running/sorted out car with a salvage title, I wouldn't worry about it at all. Drive it, Keep it!

Paul
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
orthobiz
post May 27 2016, 08:00 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 7,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

And, condition permitting, I'd swap the chrome bumpers onto the silver car.

P
+Quote Post
colingreene
post May 27 2016, 11:12 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 16,526
Region Association: Southern California

I dont really care so long as you get those horrific mirrors off the blue car.
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post May 27 2016, 11:30 PM
Post #44

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

It's relative really. As I recall, you purchased the silver car at a discount because of the salvage title. From a fun factor, that makes it a real bargain. If you ever went to sell it, it's price would be discounted because of the title, but that's already been built in to the deal by your original purchase. So, you can't lose.

A wise man once told me, "the more you gamble, the less you lose when you win."

Don't know how that applies in this case but I've been itching to put that in a post for years. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
76-914
post May 28 2016, 07:37 AM
Post #45

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Cuda911 @ May 27 2016, 03:52 PM) *

Well, the reason I bought both of them is that I really love 914s. Always wanted one, since I was a kid. Not for investment at all. But, of course, if they appreciate in value over time that's great. If you figure in the maintenance items I have done since purchasing them, certainly there is no profit to be made.

Both cars have their merits to me: The silver one is so clean. No cracks on the dash even, and the original radio and speakers. Never been a huge silver car fan though. To answer a few questions above, there is no sign at all of the prior damage. The car was repaired nearly 20 years ago. I would think that if there was a problem with the repair, it would have shown up by now.

The blue one is fun because people really like the color, so I get lots of smiles and comments when driving it around. I can't say that I notice any power difference between the two. The blue one "feels"more powerful because of the louder Anza exhaust. The silver one sounds pretty much like a bug or similar small 4-banger.

Sara has said that she may want to buy one of the cars from me. Received a few PMs, too.

Well, this is all preliminary, not sure if I will buy the conversion or not, but I want to start getting my thoughts together on it.

It's all SoCal Andy's fault, for giving me a ride in his car.

Yep, Mike Wills is my Scape Goat. Every time I see him I remind him that he cost me a few thousand by introducing me to the 6 madness. Whose wasser conversion are you looking at?
+Quote Post
Krieger
post May 28 2016, 08:20 AM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,104
Region Association: None

Keep the silver one. You bought it with a salvage title and didn't seem to care about it then. It's cleaner. Swap bumpers. If the non salvage title car is worth more it's a bonus.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 05:37 PM