Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> gas leak
TheCabinetmaker
post Apr 4 2005, 09:46 PM
Post #21

I drive my car everyday

Group: Members
Member No.: 666

None at all my friend, or you would get one of those finger smilies. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beer.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Apr 4 2005, 09:47 PM
Post #22

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

And peopel tink SLITS is nutz.... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/screwy.gif)
+Quote Post
slapshot914
post Apr 5 2005, 01:04 PM
Post #23

ole swede

Member No.: 1,649

moneysmarts. I gave you the wrong fax #, and I just PM'd you the correct one. Thanks for the pix. I am interested in moving the pump forward, but I am concerned about adding pressure to the original lines going through the tunnel. Any suggestions? My car is fuel injected.

Gees guys, what happened to the thread? I step away and everyone went nuts. I reread some of my postings and decided I can't spell or type correctly either. And grammar; crap I think I graduated from high school, but you wouldn't know it from the way I write. Doesn't matter though, I had a problem with a fuel leak and I wanted some advice/help. I got it and thanks.

Now having said that, I had really had a good time reading your posts. What's important is that we can all have fun with the members of this club. If you can't have some fun here, I don't know, maybe buy ARP and stick your nose in the air.

+Quote Post
slapshot914
post Apr 5 2005, 03:41 PM
Post #24

ole swede

Member No.: 1,649

moneysmarts, thanks I got you fax. It seems to me that if you fabricated a cover to protect the pump and lines that it would be a bit more secure. Your install pix are much clearer that the fax pix, so i'll download those. Still aconcerned about pressure in the old lines. I'm sure ther's a reasonable fix. Does anyone sell a kit?
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Apr 5 2005, 05:25 PM
Post #25

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE (slapshot914 @ Apr 4 2005, 11:38 AM)
Finally gave up on the tuna can, could not get the damn thing to seal, so I left if off.

There was a run of those made that had the oil pickup tube extender a bit too long. I don't know the lengths of the "correct" one nor the "long" one, but hopefully someone can measure theirs... Anyway, having the extender pipe be too long will keep the can from sealing to the bottom of the crankcase, just as you describe. You might want to talk to whomever sold the setup to you and see if they are certain that this isn't one of the bad run of kits.

--DD
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 06:31 PM