Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Moving to Albuquerque, Moved! Settling in...
Kansas 914
post Jul 13 2016, 02:56 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 373
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(snakemain @ Jul 13 2016, 02:48 PM) *

Fired up the car today and took it around the block...finally. For some reason the old (not very old) battery had died and was testing as bad, so I ordered a new Odyssey. I wanted one of those anyway. Then I noticed that my carb linkage has loose. The nut that attaches the crossbar to the carb was gone. Just gone. Replaced that.

It definitely needs some carb adjustment. Difficult to start, and definitely down on power. Finished the drive and tried to restart it in the garage and it wouldn't. Sounded like it wanted to, but couldn't get it to fire up again.

Driving it again was fun. People looked and waved. I got a little sideways leaving the neighborhood. I'm sure people will love me.

Glad to hear!

Did you adjust (re-jet) the carbs for the new altitude?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
snakemain
post Jul 13 2016, 03:03 PM
Post #22

Ronin Member

Member No.: 11,232
Region Association: None

I haven't had a chance to get that done yet. And all my tools are still in IL. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Jul 13 2016, 09:05 PM
Post #23

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481

Turtle Mountain Brewing Company and The Fat Squirrel Pub in Rio Rancho are owned by Nico and Liz.
Liz is a member here. Her screen name is turtlegirl. Her car was even voted COTM a while ago.
Stop in, say 'hello' and have a brew. Be sure to tell her we all love and miss her on the forum.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
snakemain
post Jul 14 2016, 07:36 PM
Post #24

Ronin Member

I actually drove by the Fat Squirrel on my loop yesterday. It's 3 miles away. Soon as my wife and I get a day off and away from the kids, we're gonna pop by in the teener for lunch and a beer.
+Quote Post
Series9
post Jul 15 2016, 05:00 PM
Post #25

Lesbians taste like chicken.

Member No.: 2,602
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(snakemain @ Jul 14 2016, 09:36 PM) *

I actually drove by the Fat Squirrel on my loop yesterday. It's 3 miles away. Soon as my wife and I get a day off and away from the kids, we're gonna pop by in the teener for lunch and a beer.

There was a division between Fat Squirrel and Turtle Mountain a couple of years back. Turtle is home to the 914 guys. Squirrel is home to a couple of owners who are... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)
+Quote Post
snakemain
post Jul 15 2016, 06:50 PM
Post #26

Ronin Member

Well screw them and the horse they rode in on then! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
gopack
post Oct 1 2017, 04:19 PM
Post #27

CHEESEHEAD in CA, MARK

Member No.: 2,472
Region Association: Northern California

Just saw this post, The car is back in NM where I first bought it. if you look at the folder of receipts I gave you, you will see a few from a shop in Los Alamos, or Sante Fe (I forget) where the PO and PPO took it!

It sure looks a LOT better than when I bought it for $1700 in/around 2001! now it is probably worth at least 20-30 times that with all the work I didn't finish, your finishing the car, and the engine you put in.

makes me sad! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) but glad that it has new life! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Oct 1 2017, 04:55 PM
Post #28

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

Funny,
I've been on layover in ABQ a few times may have to catch up and have a few beers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
If anyone's up for it?
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:07 PM