Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

> FS Gauging interest in new CNC machined 5 lug hubs for 914 struts, EDIT: Please read edit at end of post #27 regarding front hubs
bdstone914
post Jun 5 2016, 09:28 AM
Post #1

bdstone914

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,319

EDIT:
So I picked up about 1000 lbs of parts. Really, cause like I needed them.
All three sets of front hubs are spoken for.
Getting the first set of rears cleaned up and will install bolts.
Here is what I learned so far about the hubs.
The rear hubs are drilled and tapped to take bolts that thread in from the back side.
Fronts also use thread in hex head bolts that have had the heads ground round to fit flush with the hub.
The fronts take 911 "innie" type grease caps that are not included which are available through Pelican at $50.50 each.
There are several sets of mono block caliper adapters to adapt bigger brakes to front 3" or 3.5" bolt spacing and rear 914 and 911 trailing arms.

I will get the rusted parts cleaned up.
Hard to tell from the pics but there are sets of rear caliper spacers for converting rear calipers to use vented rotors. Mono block adapters to add big brakes to 914 or 911 struts. 3 sets of front five lug billet hubs, 5 -1/2 sets of redrilled rear 5 lug hubs.

Some of you may recall the CNC machined hubs first offered by Brad Roberts. The person who did them has offered his remaining stock to me to sell off. Seems that Brad left him holding the bag after promising to buy several sets. No big surprise there. These would bolt up to a 914 strut directly with no modifications.
It is a package deal and I have to take them with a lot of other 5 lug conversion parts like redrilled rear hubs with allen bolts installed from the back side, redrilled 914 rotors to match. Also are available are the rear caliper spacers to allow use of vented rotors.
I will have to figure reasonable pricing.
I should have pictures later today.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)
Mueller
post Jun 5 2016, 09:40 AM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

Interesting. Story I heard was machinist made extras and was selling them on the side, but there are always 2 sides of every story, I can believe the machinist story as well. So confusing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

There is a small market for sure, since coming back to 914World I've had at least 3 people contact me to see if I can have more made or release the drawing to someone that could make them again (I did the original drawings and worked with the original machine shop, I got one pair of hubs for my part- the 4 lug version)

Any 4 lug versions available? I know a few people are still interested in those based on a few PM's.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
post Jun 5 2016, 09:45 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,245
Region Association: Southern California

Sounds like you should pm all those that are interested to contact Bruce....free bump
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Jun 5 2016, 09:53 AM
Post #4

914 Freak!

QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 5 2016, 08:40 AM) *

Interesting. Story I heard was machinist made extras and was selling them on the side, but there are always 2 sides of every story, I can believe the machinist story as well and does make more sense now knowing more about other peoples dealings with /B So confusing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

There is a small market for sure, since coming back to 914World I've had at least 3 people contact me to see if I can have more made or release the drawing to someone that could make them again (I did the original drawings and worked with the original machine shop, I got one pair of hubs for my part- the 4 lug version)

Any 4 lug versions available? I know a few people are still interested in those based on a few PM's.

Confirm the years they fit, I "think" the struts are different between the 70/71 and the rest of the later struts?
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jun 5 2016, 10:12 AM
Post #5

bdstone914

QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 5 2016, 08:53 AM) *

Interesting. Story I heard was machinist made extras and was selling them on the side, but there are always 2 sides of every story, I can believe the machinist story as well and does make more sense now knowing more about other peoples dealings with /B So confusing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Confirm the years they fit, I "think" the struts are different between the 70/71 and the rest of the later struts?

The struts for 70-71 use rotors and calipers wit a different offset. If swapped as a pair of matching calipers and rotors early hubs will go on late struts and visa versa. Per Eric Shea and he know everything about brakes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
I do have early and late struts and can confirm fitment when I have the parts in hand.

Anyone have an idea as to original pricing or current value? At the time they were first offered 911 front suspensions were plentiful and comparably but those days are gone.
I am think the originally price was around $450 a pair. This deal includes front bearings and studs of bolts. Some rotors are part of the deal so I was looking at offering a bolt on complete deal for front or rear.

What would be the four bolt setup ? An aluminum but to a vented 911 rotor ? I think that was discussed and they are available in Germany for Bug conversions.

If I get them I can send you one to scan and produce in 4 bolt version.
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jun 5 2016, 10:14 AM
Post #6

bdstone914

Interesting. Story I heard was machinist made extras and was selling them on the side, but there are always 2 sides of every story, I can believe the machinist story as well. So confusing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The story I got from the machinist ( who I have know foe several years) that he was asked to made 20 pairs and was left holding the bag on most of them. He was out over $2k and was selling them on ebay to recoup his loss.
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Jun 5 2016, 10:17 AM
Post #7

914 Freak!

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 5 2016, 09:14 AM) *

The story I got from the machinist ( who I have know foe several years) that he was asked to made 20 pairs and was left holding the bag on most of them. He was out over $2k and was selling them on ebay to recoup his loss.

That makes perfect sense now and something I am more apt to believe now that time has passed and I've "learned" more (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I meant no disrespect or anything hope it didn't come across that way now that I've read it again!

$450ish seems about right.
+Quote Post
Korijo914
post Jun 5 2016, 07:55 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 19,940

Bruce,

I have been waiting for a set of the 5 lug hubs for a long time. I was supposed to get some from Brad Roberts when they first came out. Do you have a set for me? I have been wanting some for me for the longest time. I will put my order for a rear set, too, if you are going to make them also.

Let me know when they are available, ASAP, please.

Thank you for your time,
korijo
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jun 5 2016, 09:16 PM
Post #9

bdstone914

QUOTE(Korijo914 @ Jun 5 2016, 06:55 PM) *

Bruce,

I have been waiting for a set of the 5 lug hubs for a long time. I was supposed to get some from Brad Roberts when they first came out. Do you have a set for me? I have been wanting some for me for the longest time. I will put my order for a rear set, too, if you are going to make them also.

Thank you for your time,
korijo

I will be getting everything in the pictures above. There are three sets of front hubs and 5 sets of rear hubs. You will be the first in line.
I do have one set of rear trailing arms that are powder coated. I can install bearings, hubs and pivot shafts is you are interested in a bolt on package. I will have to work up a price for that.
+Quote Post
koozy
post Jun 6 2016, 06:57 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 7,931

Bruce, I am interested in a front set with longer studs for a racing application, please.
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Jun 6 2016, 09:19 AM
Post #11

914 Freak!

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 5 2016, 08:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Korijo914 @ Jun 5 2016, 06:55 PM) *

Bruce,

Thank you for your time,
korijo

I will be getting everything in the pictures above. There are three sets of front hubs and 5 sets of rear hubs. You will be the first in line.
I do have one set of rear trailing arms that are powder coated. I can install bearings, hubs and pivot shafts is you are interested in a bolt on package. I will have to work up a price for that.

Those using screw in studs? If so I had used BBS Racing studs in the past. I can find my source if you don't have one.
+Quote Post
westtexass2k
post Jun 6 2016, 09:49 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 13,954

I just purchased a 911 front end so wished this would have came up last week. Just my luck.
I am intersted in 5 bolt rear hubs I still need those. Also any other rear upgrades that will worth with the front set up.
+Quote Post
pete000
post Jun 6 2016, 11:31 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 12,094
Region Association: South East States

Bruce, I need a set of non vented rear rotors drilled for 5-lug. Are they new and just rusty?
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jun 6 2016, 12:19 PM
Post #14

bdstone914

QUOTE(pete000 @ Jun 6 2016, 10:31 AM) *

Bruce, I need a set of non vented rear rotors drilled for 5-lug. Are they new and just rusty?

They are new but rusty.
Picking up the parts today and will assess the condition.
I think a few gallons of Evapo Rust will do it.
Details later
+Quote Post
R_u_dd
post Jun 8 2016, 09:46 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 17,072
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Bruce,

PM sent.

I would like a set of 4 drilled non vented 914 rotors depending on pricing and a set of rear hubs with studs. If you happen to have 100 mm 911 stub hubs and hubs, and they are reasonably priced, I might go for that instead.

Also doing the front, but you appear to be out of hubs.

Thanks, CR
+Quote Post
timothy_nd28
post Jun 8 2016, 10:19 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,154
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I might be in for a set of block adapters. I'm doing a 911 front end conversion with early 3" boge struts. So, this adapter will get me 3.5" spacing for possible boxster calipers? I'm new to this conversion stuff. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
ThePaintedMan
post Jun 8 2016, 10:19 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,527
Region Association: South East States

This is probably a hijack, but I hope it's not a pain..

Does this also include the stock of the 4-lug front vented rotors? I have seen them on a car before, so I know they exist, and I believe it was Mueller who did the CAD work for those. Would certainly be in for a set of those.
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jun 8 2016, 11:08 PM
Post #18

bdstone914

QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Jun 8 2016, 09:19 PM) *

This is probably a hijack, but I hope it's not a pain..

Does this also include the stock of the 4-lug front vented rotors? I have seen them on a car before, so I know they exist, and I believe it was Mueller who did the CAD work for those. Would certainly be in for a set of those.

No hijack and actually related. I think there may be more interest in 4 lug billet hubs that would allow the use the vented rotors. Have talked to Mark W and I plan to get him a set to be able to reproduce these. I already see some improvements thst can be mafe on the design. More details later. by
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jun 8 2016, 11:11 PM
Post #19

bdstone914

QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Jun 8 2016, 09:19 PM) *

I might be in for a set of block adapters. I'm doing a 911 front end conversion with early 3" boge struts. So, this adapter will get me 3.5" spacing for possible boxster calipers? I'm new to this conversion stuff. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Yes I have adapters to put about and type caliper on any 914 or 911 for front or rear.
+Quote Post
timothy_nd28
post Jun 9 2016, 08:11 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,154
Region Association: Upper MidWest

See Bruce, this is why I like you and your can do attitude!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:07 PM