Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> L-jet idle woes., Any ideas?
Dave Blackburn
post Jun 19 2003, 10:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 551

Hey guy's.
I have my engine installed now, but I can't seem to get the idle right. Before I removed the engine I had it running absolutely perfect. It would start on the first crank every time, idle @ 1600rpm for a couple of minutes and then idle peasefully @ 850rpm all day.
The problem now is when I start it cold it will start right away and idle good @ 1700 rpm. Once the AAV starts to close the engine will stumble and when fully closed it will die completely. I have adjusted the throttle body idle adjustment and the air bypass valve for hours with no results. If the engine speed drops below 1300 rpm it will die.
I have a solid 33 PSI of fuel pressure at all rpm's, no vacume leaks and it doesn't seem to be running rich/lean. I did a compression test and all the cylinders are @ 110 PSI with one @ about 95 PSI. I also did a leakdow test and all the cylinders were excelent @ about 5% leakage from ring gaps. My ignition system is a MSD 6A with blaster coil and electronic point replacement and seems to be working good, it (engine) was also just rebuilt under 100 miles ago. I have tested the head temp sensor and the cold start valve is bypassed right now.
Anyone have any ideas?
I have checked pretty much everything. I am kinda pissed because it was running so well before I removed it to clean it up and paint it (no mechanical).

Please give me any and all suggestions. I would really like it to run well again.

Thanks, Dave (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jeff Krieger
post Jun 19 2003, 10:13 PM
Post #2

Unregistered

Try this http://persweb.direct.ca/aschwenk/Troubles...ronicSystem.htm .
+Quote Post
ChrisReale
post Jun 19 2003, 10:15 PM
Post #3

Sleazy

Member No.: 176

Go through everything once more. Trace all vacuum hoses and make sure they go where they should. If you didn't alter anything mechanically, it has to be something you are overlooking (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)
+Quote Post
ChrisReale
post Jun 19 2003, 10:21 PM
Post #4

Sleazy

Member No.: 176

Great link! I know squat about L-Jet. Thanks
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 05:46 AM