Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: L-jet idle woes.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave Blackburn
Hey guy's.
I have my engine installed now, but I can't seem to get the idle right. Before I removed the engine I had it running absolutely perfect. It would start on the first crank every time, idle @ 1600rpm for a couple of minutes and then idle peasefully @ 850rpm all day.
The problem now is when I start it cold it will start right away and idle good @ 1700 rpm. Once the AAV starts to close the engine will stumble and when fully closed it will die completely. I have adjusted the throttle body idle adjustment and the air bypass valve for hours with no results. If the engine speed drops below 1300 rpm it will die.
I have a solid 33 PSI of fuel pressure at all rpm's, no vacume leaks and it doesn't seem to be running rich/lean. I did a compression test and all the cylinders are @ 110 PSI with one @ about 95 PSI. I also did a leakdow test and all the cylinders were excelent @ about 5% leakage from ring gaps. My ignition system is a MSD 6A with blaster coil and electronic point replacement and seems to be working good, it (engine) was also just rebuilt under 100 miles ago. I have tested the head temp sensor and the cold start valve is bypassed right now.
Anyone have any ideas?
I have checked pretty much everything. I am kinda pissed because it was running so well before I removed it to clean it up and paint it (no mechanical).

Please give me any and all suggestions. I would really like it to run well again.

Thanks, Dave beerchug.gif
Jeff Krieger
Try this http://persweb.direct.ca/aschwenk/Troubles...ronicSystem.htm .
ChrisReale
Go through everything once more. Trace all vacuum hoses and make sure they go where they should. If you didn't alter anything mechanically, it has to be something you are overlooking ph34r.gif
ChrisReale
Great link! I know squat about L-Jet. Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.