Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Stock Oil Pump Won't Fit, Any Ideas?
914Sixer
post Jun 12 2016, 05:36 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

I have the case buttoned up and torqued to spec for the 2056. The rotating assembly and the cam move like they should. I had a little trouble getting the oil pick up tube alignment but everything else is smooth. Next I dropped the drain sump cover and screen in. Moved on to put the taco plate and sender in. Up next was to install the oil pump, NOT happening (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) . So I look at everything and it looks ok, I don't see any to keep it from going in. I know it is a snug fit . I took the pump over to the wire wheel and evenly buffed around the pump housing 3 different times. Put some lube on the housing and the case, still no go. Case was line bored but it should not have made and difference in the oil pump area.

Keep buffing it down?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 01:56 AM