Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Introduction of guy and car...., first 914 on its way....
Bleyseng
post Nov 22 2020, 10:28 AM
Post #121

Aircooled Baby!

Group: Members
Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Frankvw @ Nov 20 2020, 03:05 AM) *

Ok....BigDay#2...Today the new test for a road-legal-registration in the Netherlands after Test#1 failed me on small issues (see earlier post).
Fixes were done and I drove there on a 1day temp license (that is the white homebrew plate on the car)
Always scary to drive there since it is its second run ever here and I have to ride highways but also need to go through a long tunnel. You never know right ?
I made it in 1 piece, got during my ride there several people looking at the car (welll...I guess they were not looking at me) and some thumbs up, That is always cool.

Inside it is not allowed to take pics, so you have to take my word the test was done (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
So...tested.... previous issues extra checked and when we were done, we close the drivers door, but it would not latch..and the inspector said that was a no-go if the door did lot click in its lock.
Unbelievable...I never had that before and now it is killing my test ?!?!
I tried shutting it like 15 times but it did not latch. He told me to take a seat and he would get a fellow inspector to discuss the status.
So, I close the door to walk away and it latched.(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ...so...we both look at each other and he marks the form as PASSED !

Next is to do a tax thingie on the car online (done afterwards immediately) and wait for the licenseplate registration to arrive (in about 1 week).
Then insure it and have the plates made. After they are on the car it will be road-legal !

Almost there....and again I feel like I am allowed to use the banana icon !
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Yay! Goed Zo! Hopefully I'll be in the Netherlands (Bussum) in the spring next year and would like the chance to meet up and see this 914. Not many of them there are left.

The pirate banana is perfect (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) named after Qarl (Karl Ellzey)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kroelofsen
post Nov 22 2020, 11:16 AM
Post #122

Member No.: 23,255
Region Association: Europe

Hi Frank, I'm working on a 914 restoration right now and have to go to the RDW at some point next year (I hope/guess...). Any thing special on the tail lights? Are the original US spec tail oke for the inspector?

Nice car and nice color...!
+Quote Post
Frankvw
post Nov 23 2020, 03:09 AM
Post #123

working on my first 914 !

Member No.: 19,896
Region Association: Europe

@Bleyseng yes, let us see what the world looks like in Spring 2021 !
@kroelofsen : in NL you are allowed to have the US spec taillights. That was in the past not allowed, but now it is.
Headlights were US sealed Beams....that was not allowed (unless they give a correct lightpattern in the test, but they did not) so those were replaced with Euro H4 units.
For the indicatorlights (not the sidemarkers) I had to change the lenses for the most easy solution since they also act as drivinglight. Sidemarkers were allowed, they are not blinking on my car, just lights. Good luck ! Ask me in case of issues.
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:58 AM