Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

> WTB 1974 window winders
Creamsicle New Zealand
post Jun 23 2016, 09:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,403
Region Association: Australia and New Zealand

Hi all I'm looking for a pair of mint/concourse genuine original window winder handles please for 1974 914.
I believe they are the slim profile all Black plastic style.
Cheers Steve
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 4)
North Coast Jim
post Jun 24 2016, 06:23 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 19,450
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Creamsicle New Zealand @ Jun 23 2016, 11:33 PM) *

Hi all I'm looking for a pair of mint/concourse genuine original window winder handles please for 1974 914.
Cheers Steve

Stopped by Stoddard yesterday, I live local, and asked for the same thing. They no longer carry such an item. Was told though that these winders, die cast with a black plastic cover are the same as early VW Rabbit winders. I'm off investigating that approach now.

My die cast winder carries the part number 111.837.579B so surely not exclusive to the 914. It also carries the Audi and VW logos.

Good luck in your quest.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
North Coast Jim
post Jun 24 2016, 06:24 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 19,450
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Creamsicle New Zealand @ Jun 23 2016, 11:33 PM) *

Cheers Steve

Stopped by Stoddard yesterday, I live local, and asked for the same thing. They no longer carry such an item. Was told though that these winders, die cast with a black plastic cover are the same as early VW Rabbit winders. I'm off investigating that approach now.

My die cast winder carries the part number 111.837.579B so surely not exclusive to the 914. It also carries the Audi and VW logos.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jun 24 2016, 11:20 AM
Post #4

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Yes, the winders by VW part number would be the same as on the same period VWs, but IIRC the Rabbit was later with the fatter winders found on the 75-76 914s.

You could try any of the VW retailers who carry the VW Classic parts, such as VanCafe.com, GoWesty.com, etc. & probably some in Kiwi country.

VW Classic has their own website in Germany where you can look up the parts & possibly buy them if in stock (use the 74 Bus or Bug to search).

Also, other VW resto retailers around the USA, UK, Euro-land, & down under NZ/OZ may carry some.

They were the same as on the 73-74 era of: Beetle, Super Beetle, Ghia, Bay-window Bus & IIRC as on the 411, 412, Squareback/Notchback/Fastback as well.
PS - also the same era Audi as NC Jim said above.

Another source would be to buy NOS from one of the other retailers, so maybe try emailing to Rich Bontempi at HPH (High Performance House) in Redwood City CA (San Francisco area) to see if he has any NOS ones in his parts stash. Last year I was able to nab his last 2 chrome winders like were on my Aug 72 built 73 914-2.0 - so he may have the right ones for your Cremesicle.

Repros are out there, but it sounds like you want originals.

Good luck & happy hunting!

Cheers Mate! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Creamsicle New Zealand
post Jun 24 2016, 07:22 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 18,403
Region Association: Australia and New Zealand

Thanks for the responses, may have found something.
Cheers Steve
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 11:02 PM