Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 1974 window winders
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Creamsicle New Zealand
Hi all I'm looking for a pair of mint/concourse genuine original window winder handles please for 1974 914.
I believe they are the slim profile all Black plastic style.
Cheers Steve
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(Creamsicle New Zealand @ Jun 23 2016, 11:33 PM) *

Hi all I'm looking for a pair of mint/concourse genuine original window winder handles please for 1974 914.
Cheers Steve

Stopped by Stoddard yesterday, I live local, and asked for the same thing. They no longer carry such an item. Was told though that these winders, die cast with a black plastic cover are the same as early VW Rabbit winders. I'm off investigating that approach now.

My die cast winder carries the part number 111.837.579B so surely not exclusive to the 914. It also carries the Audi and VW logos.

Good luck in your quest.
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(Creamsicle New Zealand @ Jun 23 2016, 11:33 PM) *

Cheers Steve

Stopped by Stoddard yesterday, I live local, and asked for the same thing. They no longer carry such an item. Was told though that these winders, die cast with a black plastic cover are the same as early VW Rabbit winders. I'm off investigating that approach now.

My die cast winder carries the part number 111.837.579B so surely not exclusive to the 914. It also carries the Audi and VW logos.
Tom_T
Yes, the winders by VW part number would be the same as on the same period VWs, but IIRC the Rabbit was later with the fatter winders found on the 75-76 914s.

You could try any of the VW retailers who carry the VW Classic parts, such as VanCafe.com, GoWesty.com, etc. & probably some in Kiwi country.

VW Classic has their own website in Germany where you can look up the parts & possibly buy them if in stock (use the 74 Bus or Bug to search).

Also, other VW resto retailers around the USA, UK, Euro-land, & down under NZ/OZ may carry some.

They were the same as on the 73-74 era of: Beetle, Super Beetle, Ghia, Bay-window Bus & IIRC as on the 411, 412, Squareback/Notchback/Fastback as well.
PS - also the same era Audi as NC Jim said above.

Another source would be to buy NOS from one of the other retailers, so maybe try emailing to Rich Bontempi at HPH (High Performance House) in Redwood City CA (San Francisco area) to see if he has any NOS ones in his parts stash. Last year I was able to nab his last 2 chrome winders like were on my Aug 72 built 73 914-2.0 - so he may have the right ones for your Cremesicle.

Repros are out there, but it sounds like you want originals.

Good luck & happy hunting!

Cheers Mate! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Creamsicle New Zealand
Thanks for the responses, may have found something.
Cheers Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.