Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1973 2.0 accelerations issues
chrisf
post Jun 25 2016, 01:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,757
Region Association: None

Hey guys,
I have a 1973 2.0 original injection system. The issue is this, from a stop the car nearly dies as it tries to accelerate. The only way is to rev the engine above 2,5k and slip the clutch. Once the car is above the 2,5k ish mark it drives great. It idles greats, it just does not accelerate like a dead spot. I checked the throttle switch adjustment as per the pelican instructions and one thing that I noticed was that when I turn it all the way ccw and then move it till I get zero, I get now resistance aka open at the full ccw and then when turning I get nothing till halfway and then i get a closed contact. It seems like there's no resistance just an open and close point? I'm thinking its the throttle switch and opening it to check it out?

Thanks for the help
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 12:10 AM