Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My "Ghost 914"
shoguneagle
post Jul 2 2016, 07:03 PM
Post #1

shoguneagle

Group: Members
Member No.: 84
Region Association: Northern California

Always like using the Smiles: Why? Need to celebrate? Yep! My car is now on the road driving around the Southern Oregon area. Have to correct a few things but it looks like it is dependable.

Why is getting this car done important? We moved from Flagstaff, AZ to Grants Pass, OR about three years ago. The car was stolen along with all the used and new parts I had obtained. We got the car back without any of the auto parts. For two and half years I did not even think or let alone want to work on the car. I did find myself going to our great website following "the happenings" on these car. I started the gradual accumulation of the missing parts.

Fast forward; it was through the members I got involved with the cars with good pricing on some critical parts, some free parts, and just reading what everyone was doing with their cars. Got the car running but it had problems so I could not take it to WCR 2016 (I was there having a great time). For this I owe a great amount of thanks for all our members for just being interested in the 914; and, SPECIAL THANKS for the people who gave me great pricing, free items, and the support that was included. Just a great bunch of people which reflects why I joined back in 2002! THANK YOU!!

Now I have to figure how to attach photos. but first the smiles:
Mike, here is your 'dancing banana (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) I always get a kick out of it. Now for other smilies I enjoy: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Jul 2 2016, 07:17 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

Congrats...now a picture or video of you driving it!
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jul 3 2016, 08:49 AM
Post #3

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

It's like Christmas except you got what you really, really wanted. Wonderful news and it is good to hear that the car is doing great, as well. Wow, 3 years ago; already? It takes determination to turn around a situation that would knock many a player out of the game. Back home they would have said, "He fell in a bucket of (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) and came out smelling like a Rose!" Well played, sir. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) Kent
+Quote Post
theleschyouknow
post Jul 3 2016, 10:39 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 15,967

wow I can't believe its been 3 years either
we've never met but I followed your 'adventures' I guess it's 3 years ago now, wow
glad you got it back on the road! it a tribute to your persistence
now insert key, turn & enjoy!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
cjl
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Jul 3 2016, 06:26 PM
Post #5

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643

Great news ! It was good meeting you at the WCR, and the Tap Rock Grill in Grants Pass turned out to be a fabulous lunch stop. Nice country up hour way

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
shoguneagle
post Jul 4 2016, 12:26 AM
Post #6

shoguneagle

Here are some pictures
+Quote Post
shoguneagle
post Jul 4 2016, 01:07 AM
Post #7

shoguneagle

Attached Image

I am hoping this will finally give the pictures

Steve (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) Attached Image Attached ImageAttached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Jul 4 2016, 11:30 AM
Post #8

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

QUOTE(shoguneagle @ Jul 4 2016, 12:07 AM) *

Nice! Great job!
+Quote Post
whitetwinturbo
post Jul 4 2016, 12:23 PM
Post #9

Honey, does this wing make my ass look fat?

Member No.: 13,704

..........now that is BLUE isn't it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

What's the power plant (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
shoguneagle
post Jul 4 2016, 03:15 PM
Post #10

shoguneagle

Thanks! Here is what she has - 1987 3.2 Carrera engine with Carrera brakes all the way around; Doc Evil built transaxle with gears A,F,O,X,flipped H; 911 e-brakes; Cup II rims front 205/50-17 & rear 235/50-17; after market dual 2 stage mufflers (too loud); 911 Carrera oil tank located in rear of trunk; original 911 exhaust with special built manifold for heating/defrosting; 911 gauges with aftermarket dash cap; 914-6 side valances reversed covering oil cooler lines and others; front cooler system with bypass valve; solid rear transmission mounts; front 911 engine mounts; 911 complete front suspension with 19mm torsion bars and 21mm aftermarket sway bar; aftermarket console with gauges plus more installed; BFGoodrich tires; 911 110mm CV joints with Sway-A-Way half shafts; 911 rear brakes including e-brake (special cable adaptors made; paint is two stage Mazda 2014; Koni Red adjustable shocks all four corners; rear springs 150lbs with adjustable perches; etc. probably more but this gives the bulk of what I have done.

Could not have done without this board and its members.
+Quote Post
sb914
post Jul 4 2016, 05:09 PM
Post #11

Surf Guru

Member No.: 15,191

Very nice!!!
Can we see engine and interior?
+Quote Post
shoguneagle
post Jul 4 2016, 08:31 PM
Post #12

shoguneagle

The interior is still being worked on and this where I really got hit by the theft. Should have some pictures of the underside, engine compartment, and interior this next week when I put it on a rack.
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Jul 5 2016, 04:51 PM
Post #13

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172

Looks great Steve!!! Congrats on the progress!

The color is simply fantastic.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Jul 5 2016, 08:59 PM
Post #14

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(shoguneagle @ Jul 4 2016, 07:31 PM) *

The interior is still being worked on and this where I really got hit by the theft. Should have some pictures of the underside, engine compartment, and interior this next week when I put it on a rack.

What do you need interior wise Steve? I've got some spare stuff. Not door panels but about everything else I should have
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 02:23 AM