Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My "Ghost 914"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shoguneagle
Always like using the Smiles: Why? Need to celebrate? Yep! My car is now on the road driving around the Southern Oregon area. Have to correct a few things but it looks like it is dependable.

Why is getting this car done important? We moved from Flagstaff, AZ to Grants Pass, OR about three years ago. The car was stolen along with all the used and new parts I had obtained. We got the car back without any of the auto parts. For two and half years I did not even think or let alone want to work on the car. I did find myself going to our great website following "the happenings" on these car. I started the gradual accumulation of the missing parts.

Fast forward; it was through the members I got involved with the cars with good pricing on some critical parts, some free parts, and just reading what everyone was doing with their cars. Got the car running but it had problems so I could not take it to WCR 2016 (I was there having a great time). For this I owe a great amount of thanks for all our members for just being interested in the 914; and, SPECIAL THANKS for the people who gave me great pricing, free items, and the support that was included. Just a great bunch of people which reflects why I joined back in 2002! THANK YOU!!

Now I have to figure how to attach photos. but first the smiles:
Mike, here is your 'dancing banana piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif I always get a kick out of it. Now for other smilies I enjoy: welcome.png welcome.png welder.gif welder.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smash.gif smash.gif screwy.gif screwy.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif bye1.gif bye1.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif beer.gif
Mueller
Congrats...now a picture or video of you driving it!
76-914
It's like Christmas except you got what you really, really wanted. Wonderful news and it is good to hear that the car is doing great, as well. Wow, 3 years ago; already? It takes determination to turn around a situation that would knock many a player out of the game. Back home they would have said, "He fell in a bucket of stromberg.gif and came out smelling like a Rose!" Well played, sir. beerchug.gif Kent
theleschyouknow
wow I can't believe its been 3 years either
we've never met but I followed your 'adventures' I guess it's 3 years ago now, wow
glad you got it back on the road! it a tribute to your persistence
now insert key, turn & enjoy!

beerchug.gif
cjl
jim_hoyland
Great news ! It was good meeting you at the WCR, and the Tap Rock Grill in Grants Pass turned out to be a fabulous lunch stop. Nice country up hour way
shoguneagle
Here are some pictures
Mueller
QUOTE(shoguneagle @ Jul 4 2016, 12:07 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I am hoping this will finally give the pictures

Steve chair.gif chair.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif Click to view attachment

Nice! Great job!
whitetwinturbo
..........now that is BLUE isn't it cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

What's the power plant confused24.gif
shoguneagle
Thanks! Here is what she has - 1987 3.2 Carrera engine with Carrera brakes all the way around; Doc Evil built transaxle with gears A,F,O,X,flipped H; 911 e-brakes; Cup II rims front 205/50-17 & rear 235/50-17; after market dual 2 stage mufflers (too loud); 911 Carrera oil tank located in rear of trunk; original 911 exhaust with special built manifold for heating/defrosting; 911 gauges with aftermarket dash cap; 914-6 side valances reversed covering oil cooler lines and others; front cooler system with bypass valve; solid rear transmission mounts; front 911 engine mounts; 911 complete front suspension with 19mm torsion bars and 21mm aftermarket sway bar; aftermarket console with gauges plus more installed; BFGoodrich tires; 911 110mm CV joints with Sway-A-Way half shafts; 911 rear brakes including e-brake (special cable adaptors made; paint is two stage Mazda 2014; Koni Red adjustable shocks all four corners; rear springs 150lbs with adjustable perches; etc. probably more but this gives the bulk of what I have done.

Could not have done without this board and its members.
sb914
Very nice!!!
Can we see engine and interior?
shoguneagle
The interior is still being worked on and this where I really got hit by the theft. Should have some pictures of the underside, engine compartment, and interior this next week when I put it on a rack.
Andyrew
Looks great Steve!!! Congrats on the progress!

The color is simply fantastic.
JRust
QUOTE(shoguneagle @ Jul 4 2016, 07:31 PM) *

The interior is still being worked on and this where I really got hit by the theft. Should have some pictures of the underside, engine compartment, and interior this next week when I put it on a rack.

What do you need interior wise Steve? I've got some spare stuff. Not door panels but about everything else I should have
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.