Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Conclusion of Stoddard HE quality, Anybody get these installed?
DM71SIX
post Jul 9 2016, 06:45 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,893

QUOTE(gereed75 @ Jul 9 2016, 04:50 AM) *

Dm71six. Have you seen the most recent iteration? They look pretty high quality to me. Not exact but pretty good. They are missing the two tabs. These would be an easy add if you are that concerned. I suspect that any fabricator who does a one off set will be much further from stock than the Stoddard offering

I suspect fit is as good as stock. It took me most of a day to get my OEM ones to fit up on a stock motor. Point is they will all need some fitment work.

No affiliation. Just hate to see a really good effort by a dedicated supplier get a bad rap for a very good product.

They do not fit. The tubes are the wrong size meaning they do not match the exhaust ports. You want to weld mounting tabs on this product for over 2K? It is not easy to do this. How do you expect any vendor to supply a good product if they do not have the feedback? There is no pretty good; either it is good or not.
My restoration mechanic/builder has noted the necessary changes and supplied them to the manufacturer based on my original and good exchanger set. A good fabricator will be able to do what is needed. i live in an area of great machinists and fabricators. Nothing is beyond reach here.
Without standards nothing is done well. We need to have people supply our community with quality parts that work as well as OE, especially for the prices charged.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Jul 10 2016, 01:24 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

[quote name='Steve' date='Jul 9 2016, 01:24 PM' post='2369250']

the late and great Bruce Anderson,reported in Excellence many years ago that the stock headers would work up to 3.0L,after that there was a small power loss at higher rpm.
Remember him saying larger diameter headers worked but at the deference of low end power on the smaller displacement engines.

User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 11:01 PM