Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Motor Mounts, ..are mine worn?
markmw
post Apr 9 2005, 03:04 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,462

Although this is my first post to this forum , I have learned all I know about my 914 from here - many happy hours , when I should be working!!
After 4 months of work on my car (a 1972 model) , including a full respray , full engine rebuild from the crank up (not done by me!) and a sideshift conversion, I am at the stage of re-fitting the engine and gearbox.
My question concerns the 2 rubber engine mounts which attatch the engine case to the motor mount bar. I know I have the correct bar and brackets, and the rubber mounts (hockey pucks) are in good condition, but the mounting faces of these rubber mounts are not paralell to each other - i.e. when the bar is bolted up to the engine , the bar would not be perpendicular to the engine - it would be tilted either backwards or forwards depending which way round I bolt them on. Is this normal - if so should the bar tilt forwards or backwards? , or have these mounts (not new) ,somehow got worn -and should I just buy 2 new ones?
Hope someone understands what I mean - and any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 06:03 AM