Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Mallory with HiFire, Lost ignition 2 times while driving
rfinegan
post Jul 12 2016, 06:33 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,499
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Im running a Malory distributor and a HiFire module on a Blue coil. ITs been fine for about a year now with no issues. The last few weeks I have had the ignition just cut out and tach drops to Zero. Coast in gear to find a spot to pull over the ignition starts again and tach reads normal and drives without issue. Is this a sign of a module going bad? I noticed the heat /sound pad on the fire wall is falling off in my engine compartment too. It will touch the coil and coil wire. I'm thinking this may be giving me troubles too. Should I pull the pad? try to reglue? What kind of glue do I need? I need to get this resolved OR I WILL be on the side of the road with a not start condition at the worst possible time (NIGHT/RAIN/TRAFIC)

-Robert
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 08:15 AM