Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brake light indicator
TroyVB
post Jul 29 2016, 02:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,214
Region Association: None

I am working on electrical issues. My brake light indicator seems to be trying to run the flasher relay. I have checked the handbrake switch and it works the way it should with the fasten seatbelt indicator. Does that switch also light the brake indicator light? I am also not sure if I have the correct fuel guage.

I seem to have all the other lights working correctly now.

Thanks for the help.

TVB
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
zambezi
post Jul 29 2016, 02:59 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,920
Region Association: South East States

Low brake pressure sensor makes the warning light flash. The hand brake will make the light illuminate steady. The pressure sensor is on the master cylinder and has a reset button that pops out of the center of the switch when a pressure loss is detected. Push it back in and it will reset.
+Quote Post
TroyVB
post Jul 29 2016, 04:15 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 20,214
Region Association: None

Is this the switch at the base of the brake pedal or is it accessed somewhere else? Can't seem to find a reset button on the switch on the floors

May have found what you are talking about on the side of the master cylinder underneath the car. PO has the switch gooped with silicone can I test by connecting those wires together?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 06:07 PM