Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pca 914 vintage race group at Summit Point
Cracker
post Oct 30 2016, 08:54 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,316
Region Association: South East States

Its a vintage group alright...

T
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mlindner
post Oct 30 2016, 01:25 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 13,770
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Thanks Mike for a great video......and very cool to se that many 914's. Are most of them six's, what is yours. Best, Mark (914-6 GT clone still in process).
+Quote Post
MikeSpraggi
post Oct 30 2016, 02:52 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 3,570
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(mlindner @ Oct 30 2016, 12:25 PM) *

Thanks Mike for a great video......and very cool to se that many 914's. Are most of them six's, what is yours. Best, Mark (914-6 GT clone still in process).

All were sixes except the silver #29 spyder. The class decals on the bumpers tell you what kind of power the car has....more or less. No weight, tire or engine rules (does have to be a Porsche however). VO= Vintage, over 2.5L, VU= up to 2.5L, VU4=vintage 4 cylinder. That's it. Nothing more or less for rules classification. Oh yea, has to be an air-cooled Porsche.

Not all cars were present for the official photo shoot.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
naro914
post Oct 30 2016, 03:06 PM
Post #24

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073

So question about the vintage class rules...VO is ANYTHING over 2.5? Like a '74 914 with a 3.2? I run GT4 in PCA with Papa Smurf....that legal?

And where are the class rules posted?
+Quote Post
MikeSpraggi
post Oct 30 2016, 03:34 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(naro914 @ Oct 30 2016, 02:06 PM) *

So question about the vintage class rules...VO is ANYTHING over 2.5? Like a '74 914 with a 3.2? I run GT4 in PCA with Papa Smurf....that legal?

And where are the class rules posted?

So..uh..yea. A 3.2 in a 914 is VO..and yes, it's "legal" as well as any aircooled Porsche powerplant. That's the beauty of this class..at least I think it's the beauty. In the photo I uploaded in the previous post, the #59 914 has a 3.2, #3 a 2.9 and #18 a 2.7, I think.

I received the class rules in an email from PCA. Since this was the very first attempt at a vintage class, I did not see the rules posted anywhere. I think PCA wanted to see how things went to determine if there was any interest. i think they were please as we heard there should be some other races next year with a vintage class. I would imagine, continuing with the class, rules should be officially posted for next season. Just a guess.
+Quote Post
Fubawu
post Nov 1 2016, 02:05 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 19,247
Region Association: None

So am I reading this right, PCA is going to do more of these are various events??
+Quote Post
naro914
post Nov 1 2016, 02:21 PM
Post #27

Losing my mind...

QUOTE(Fubawu @ Nov 1 2016, 04:05 PM) *

So am I reading this right, PCA is going to do more of these are various events??

Maybe...
I emailed with Vicki Ernshaw - PCA Club Race Chair - and she said it's up to the region hosting the race if they want to have a full run group for Vintage.

Personally, based on the success of the first trial, I think a lot of the smaller races would love to include this. For us here in the Southeast, it might be a catalyst to resurrect CMP or Roebling Road races....

So if there is a race you want to see it in, I would suggest you reach out to the race chair and request it. (I know I'm going to get in trouble for suggesting that, but oh well...wouldn't be the first time!!)
+Quote Post
Cracker
post Nov 1 2016, 04:44 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Now Bob...why would you even want to pick on those AC cars? Finishing 1st in a class of 1 is meaningless...

T
+Quote Post
naro914
post Nov 1 2016, 07:03 PM
Post #29

Losing my mind...

hey...I just have a mildly modified 914...I'd run in VO class like the other ones with bigger engines...

+Quote Post
Cracker
post Nov 1 2016, 07:03 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif)

QUOTE(naro914 @ Nov 1 2016, 09:03 PM) *

hey...I just have a mildly modified 914...I'd run in VO class like the other ones with bigger engines...

+Quote Post
MikeSpraggi
post Nov 1 2016, 09:21 PM
Post #31

The #3 914 was turning 1:23s at Summit Point...not too shabby at all. That was good enough for 3rd place in the sprint with the full compliment of the vintage cars. The fastest time was a 1:19, followed by a 1:21 for 2nd place. This is the vintage class!!

In comparison, fastest time for the event was around a 1:12 by either a GT3R or a 997 RSR.... not sure which car Corey was driving since I didn't see the race or Corey all weekend.
+Quote Post
Cracker
post Nov 2 2016, 04:44 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Ok. I concede. Bob isn't that fast and won't win... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

T

QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Nov 1 2016, 11:21 PM) *

The #3 914 was turning 1:23s at Summit Point...not too shabby at all. That was good enough for 3rd place in the sprint with the full compliment of the vintage cars. The fastest time was a 1:19, followed by a 1:21 for 2nd place. This is the vintage class!!

In comparison, fastest time for the event was around a 1:12 by either a GT3R or a 997 RSR.... not sure which car Corey was driving since I didn't see the race or Corey all weekend.

+Quote Post
Racing916
post Nov 6 2016, 08:37 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 2,959
Region Association: North East States

Bob,

Trevor showed me the Dyno numbers, the new engine is sweet. I hope your really rusty and I can pull out a few tricks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif). Should be a fun year if they pick up more vintage races. It was a hoot at summit. My plan is to run Watkins glen, NJMP, and Summit, maybe more if the budget holds up. I have been spending money running with friends in the American Endurance Series. Two weeks ago in 8 1/2 hour race I ran 3 hours and 45 minutes hard to beat the seat time for the price. You coming north for any races in 2017?

Steve
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:35 PM