Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> buzz on fuse board, BUZZER REMOVAL
wilchek
post Apr 12 2005, 08:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,177

my buzzer always goes off when the door is open. I know it is an issue with the ignition, it still thinks the key is in the ignition even when I pull the key. So when I open the door the buzzer goes off. Not a big deal until you have to work on the car with the door open.

My question, can I pull the buzzer from the fuse board without it affecting anything else. Does anyone know which part (can/relay) it would be.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
smg914
post Apr 12 2005, 09:01 PM
Post #2

Sahara Beige Steve

Member No.: 1,695
Region Association: None

I believe it's the round silver relay similar looking to the black relays that are inside the relay board in the engine compartment. You can unscrew the two screws on the fuse panel, lower it, turn the ignition on with the door open and the relay that is buzzing it the one you want to remove. Pulling this relay will not cause any damage to anything.
+Quote Post
mattillac
post Apr 12 2005, 11:30 PM
Post #3

robots!

Member No.: 3,020

mine does the same thing. it sounds pathetic. why not just disconnect the buzzer? on my car the buzzer is in a silver box thing under the passenger seat. i don't know if thats where it's supposed to go. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/unsure.gif) i thought about taking it apart to take a look, but there's so much more i should do first. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Apr 13 2005, 05:29 AM
Post #4

rich herzog

Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

you'll find that you can push in on the door switch button and it will latch in place. i don't recall if the 914 switch button has a notch in it to hang it up on the side of the opening, or if you push it all the way in and hang it up behind the panel. but it's designed to work this way.

make a note somewhere, so your next post here isn't "my inside light won't come on" :-)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 07:17 PM