Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: buzz on fuse board
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wilchek
my buzzer always goes off when the door is open. I know it is an issue with the ignition, it still thinks the key is in the ignition even when I pull the key. So when I open the door the buzzer goes off. Not a big deal until you have to work on the car with the door open.

My question, can I pull the buzzer from the fuse board without it affecting anything else. Does anyone know which part (can/relay) it would be.
smg914
I believe it's the round silver relay similar looking to the black relays that are inside the relay board in the engine compartment. You can unscrew the two screws on the fuse panel, lower it, turn the ignition on with the door open and the relay that is buzzing it the one you want to remove. Pulling this relay will not cause any damage to anything.
mattillac
mine does the same thing. it sounds pathetic. why not just disconnect the buzzer? on my car the buzzer is in a silver box thing under the passenger seat. i don't know if thats where it's supposed to go. unsure.gif i thought about taking it apart to take a look, but there's so much more i should do first. dry.gif
ArtechnikA
you'll find that you can push in on the door switch button and it will latch in place. i don't recall if the 914 switch button has a notch in it to hang it up on the side of the opening, or if you push it all the way in and hang it up behind the panel. but it's designed to work this way.

make a note somewhere, so your next post here isn't "my inside light won't come on" :-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.