Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 vs 911 control arm, camber/steering components
donman68
post Aug 14 2016, 08:35 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,260
Region Association: South East States

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) hello folks I am new... listen I replaced all new steering suspension even converted to these turbo tie rod assy... after new tie rod inner and outer. rockauto really does rock. There/seem so much more practical....OK and to the issue.
My camber is maxed out cannot achieve any more positive I have none. Bottom of tire is extended out more than top...I think my control arm driver side is bent (somehow).. I keep finding these 911 control arms new for $ 200 but my torsion( 914) bars are not applicable per spline count??? Well I could use new torsion bars,,, what if I switch over to 911 in 914 purchase 911 torsion bars for the 911 control arms etc.... Does any body see this being a problem? And only 914 a-arms I find are used on eBay. Why is this car treated so unappealing to parts. Although am surprised to find so much and I get "awesome car" ever time I drive it. Even had 911 80's version( love them flared out fenders wide tires). Guy said he wished he had kept his because of the rarity of these cars. sorry so long,,,thinking of going with long block from GEX and suggestions..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 01:55 PM