Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 vs 911 control arm
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
donman68
headbang.gif hello folks I am new... listen I replaced all new steering suspension even converted to these turbo tie rod assy... after new tie rod inner and outer. rockauto really does rock. There/seem so much more practical....OK and to the issue.
My camber is maxed out cannot achieve any more positive I have none. Bottom of tire is extended out more than top...I think my control arm driver side is bent (somehow).. I keep finding these 911 control arms new for $ 200 but my torsion( 914) bars are not applicable per spline count??? Well I could use new torsion bars,,, what if I switch over to 911 in 914 purchase 911 torsion bars for the 911 control arms etc.... Does any body see this being a problem? And only 914 a-arms I find are used on eBay. Why is this car treated so unappealing to parts. Although am surprised to find so much and I get "awesome car" ever time I drive it. Even had 911 80's version( love them flared out fenders wide tires). Guy said he wished he had kept his because of the rarity of these cars. sorry so long,,,thinking of going with long block from GEX and suggestions..
gms
QUOTE(donman68 @ Aug 14 2016, 09:35 AM) *

headbang.gif hello folks I am new... listen I replaced all new steering suspension even converted to these turbo tie rod assy... after new tie rod inner and outer. rockauto really does rock. There/seem so much more practical....OK and to the issue.
My camber is maxed out cannot achieve any more positive I have none. Bottom of tire is extended out more than top...I think my control arm driver side is bent (somehow).. I keep finding these 911 control arms new for $ 200 but my torsion( 914) bars are not applicable per spline count??? Well I could use new torsion bars,,, what if I switch over to 911 in 914 purchase 911 torsion bars for the 911 control arms etc.... Does any body see this being a problem? And only 914 a-arms I find are used on eBay. Why is this car treated so unappealing to parts. Although am surprised to find so much and I get "awesome car" ever time I drive it. Even had 911 80's version( love them flared out fenders wide tires). Guy said he wished he had kept his because of the rarity of these cars. sorry so long,,,thinking of going with long block from GEX and suggestions..

You can switch out to 911 front a-arms, they are the same dimensionally but the splines for torsion bars are different(as you mentioned) also on some the the later arms the the sway bar mount is different. if you need 914/4 a-arms I would contact Garold Shaffer because he is in the business of parting 914s.
donman68
Thanks Glenn,
There is no sway bar installed on this vehicle although it has the bracket, 73' 1.7L. I will check with Garold Shaffer .
Larmo63
I would get some opinions and/or testimonials about GEX.

You can do better.
mepstein
You definitely want a sway bar. Garold, bdstone, or a want to buy -wtb on this site will get you what your looking for. Elephant racing makes very nice if somewhat pricey stock style bushings to get back oem style ride feel.

GEX engines are not usually considered a lasting solution.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.