Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914-6 hiding in neighbor's weedy barn yard, Well, I went to see it today.
Mark Henry
post Aug 22 2016, 01:13 PM
Post #61

that's what I do!

Group: Members
Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 22 2016, 03:05 PM) *

QUOTE(914bub @ Aug 22 2016, 11:33 AM) *
I know I warned you about GPS tracking on pictures. I don't even know how to figure it out but I know it can be done.

Simple, any newer device that is GPS enabled, like your phone, will add GPS coordinates into the meta data that is stored within the image itself.

So if you share that image, anyone who knows what they're doing can look up the Latitude/Longitude of where the pic was taken.

Most phones allow you to turn off GPS tracking for the camera.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Or just buy a cheap used digi camera, you can pick them up now for like $20. No GPS.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Aug 22 2016, 01:13 PM
Post #62

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(914bub @ Aug 22 2016, 12:09 PM) *
I was also aware that you could turn it off, just don't how.

If your camera doesn't give you that option, you can always turn off GPS (Often called "Location"), before taking pictures.

At least on my phone, that prevents any GPS data from being added to the images.
+Quote Post
oakdalecurtis
post Aug 22 2016, 01:18 PM
Post #63

Oakdalecurtis

Member No.: 18,802
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 22 2016, 12:13 PM) *

If your camera doesn't give you that option, you can always turn off GPS (Often called "Location"), before taking pictures.

At least on my phone, that prevents any GPS data from being added to the images.

Thanks for that info Andy, I did not know that and it may come in useful sometime! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Aug 22 2016, 01:19 PM
Post #64

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26

QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 18 2016, 12:00 PM) *

QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Aug 18 2016, 07:47 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 18 2016, 09:37 AM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 18 2016, 10:27 AM) *

Not me, I cannot even get a /4 cylinder car back on the road, can you imagine how much longer those extra 2 cylinders would add on to my project!

Mike,
I suspect a couple years after the twins are educated and married, you'll have a window of opportunity before little urchins start hanging at the house and calling you grandpa... Until then, you should forget about running cars. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

Hold on, your name is Mueller and you have twins? That's funny, my last name is Mueller and I have twins (7.5 years old). This is probably why I don't own a 914 yet.

Yep, of course with these 2 I might have to sell the 914 to finance a better shotgun collection to scare off the boys!

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-87-1443753822_thumb.jpg)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) Crap Mike they grow up fast!
You got a couple of real cuties there...I feel sorry for you, in a few years the teen boys will be sniffing around your house like coyotes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
oakdalecurtis
post Aug 22 2016, 01:30 PM
Post #65

Oakdalecurtis

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 22 2016, 12:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 18 2016, 12:00 PM) *

QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Aug 18 2016, 07:47 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 18 2016, 09:37 AM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 18 2016, 10:27 AM) *

Not me, I cannot even get a /4 cylinder car back on the road, can you imagine how much longer those extra 2 cylinders would add on to my project!

Mike,
I suspect a couple years after the twins are educated and married, you'll have a window of opportunity before little urchins start hanging at the house and calling you grandpa... Until then, you should forget about running cars. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

Hold on, your name is Mueller and you have twins? That's funny, my last name is Mueller and I have twins (7.5 years old). This is probably why I don't own a 914 yet.

Yep, of course with these 2 I might have to sell the 914 to finance a better shotgun collection to scare off the boys!

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-87-1443753822_thumb.jpg)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) Crap Mike they grow up fast!
You got a couple of real cuties there...I feel sorry for you, in a few years the teen boys will be sniffing around your house like coyotes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Quick tip from a dad that got her daughter through her teenage years without going to jail for manslaughter. If your daughter ever comes home with a kid you can't stand at first sight, go put your arm around him and say to her "Finally honey, a young man I really like and can talk with and get to know better". Trust me on this, if dad likes her boyfriend, she'll dump him by the end of the week. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
+Quote Post
oakdalecurtis
post Aug 22 2016, 01:33 PM
Post #66

Oakdalecurtis

QUOTE(914bub @ Aug 22 2016, 11:33 AM) *

QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Aug 22 2016, 09:55 AM) *

QUOTE(Frankvw @ Aug 22 2016, 03:28 AM) *

well....look at the prices of some /6 parts....I say they are not done :-)
Those parts stacked up in there might be worth more then you might think...
Nice that you were able to take a look. Me myself..I would have taken a weed-packed-0914 picture for sure, that is more unique to post than a normal 914 pic in this case.....

I was reticent to take a picture because members in here mentioned that GPS data could be gleaned from a picture and I did not want to take any chance of causing a problem for this gentleman.

Curtis
Pop a few pix next time so you at least have a few for yourself. I know I warned you about GPS tracking on pictures. I don't even know how to figure it out but I know it can be done.

Having been into VW's since I was a kid, and being a member of "Thesamba.com" I can tell you some of the "split bus" crowd would do anything to swoop a deal out from someone else. I'd like to think its not like that here but ya never know.

I'm predicting about 6 years from now you'll own it. Your wife sounds very understanding, better start wearing long pants though,..... You'll need the deeper pockets!

Hey Eric, I made a deal with my child bride of 39 years along time ago. I earn it, she spends it, working so far..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
+Quote Post
Tbrown4x4
post Aug 22 2016, 02:19 PM
Post #67

Member No.: 17,338
Region Association: None

Hey! I didn't know that was negotiable. I just thought that's how it worked. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
oakdalecurtis
post Aug 22 2016, 02:34 PM
Post #68

Oakdalecurtis

QUOTE(Tbrown4x4 @ Aug 22 2016, 01:19 PM) *

Hey! I didn't know that was negotiable. I just thought that's how it worked. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

My dad taught me the EVERYTHING is negotiable. Just have to know the way in...
+Quote Post
wobbletop
post Aug 22 2016, 03:07 PM
Post #69

Member No.: 7,335

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 22 2016, 02:13 PM) *

Or just take a screen grab of the picture and share that. Nothing gets shared then.
+Quote Post
oakdalecurtis
post Aug 22 2016, 03:08 PM
Post #70

Oakdalecurtis

I'm sorry to disappoint, but I've seen enough, no reason to go back and bother the guy. If the opportunity should present somehow........
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Aug 22 2016, 03:22 PM
Post #71

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

I get asked weekly if i want to sell my car. I always say no, but if i see enough cash i might think about it. Jus saying....
+Quote Post
oakdalecurtis
post Aug 22 2016, 03:36 PM
Post #72

Oakdalecurtis

QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Aug 22 2016, 02:22 PM) *

I get asked weekly if i want to sell my car. I always say no, but if i see enough cash i might think about it. Jus saying....

I've had my 914 for almost 20 years, clean yellow 76 driver. I get a lot of comments, "nice ride", "cool car", thumps up, but NEVER had anyone ask if I would sell it. Am I doing something wrong? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Aug 22 2016, 07:27 PM
Post #73

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

Keep scrolling no picture ...I feel tired off to bed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Aug 22 2016, 07:36 PM
Post #74

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Aug 22 2016, 05:36 PM) *

QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Aug 22 2016, 02:22 PM) *

I've had my 914 for almost 20 years, clean yellow 76 driver. I get a lot of comments, "nice ride", "cool car", thumps up, but NEVER had anyone ask if I would sell it. Am I doing something wrong? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)

It's yellow, Curt's is red. Yellow might be faster but everyone loves a red 914.
+Quote Post
My 914
post Aug 22 2016, 08:13 PM
Post #75

Casual Member

Member No.: 19,928
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Aug 22 2016, 04:08 PM) *

I'm sorry to disappoint, but I've seen enough, no reason to go back and bother the guy. If the opportunity should present somehow........

there's always opportunity, as long as the seller or would be seller knows you're interested. If you've made that obvious, you,ve done all you can at the moment. time will tell....
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 04:20 PM