Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Does Anyone Know how to get a hold of a member Drive-Ability?, Trying to connect with fabricator who built 996 to 914 suspension conversion
Curbandgutter
post Aug 18 2016, 04:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,637
Region Association: Southern California

I've left private PM and Email but it seems that the last time he was on was 6 months ago. I'm trying to get in contact with the gentlemen who built the conversion from the 996 suspension onto the 914 frame. I understand that drive-ability did not build it, but rather he bought it from some talented fabricator in Orange County California. Any help in location either of them would be helpful. Let's see the power of the forum at work.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Aug 18 2016, 08:07 PM
Post #2

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643

From his last post he's sold the car and moved to Washington

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
BIGKAT_83
post Aug 19 2016, 05:20 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 194
Region Association: South East States

The guy that did the original build on the car posts some over on the Lateral G forum and is building a genI Camaro with a C6 corvette drivetrain.
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Aug 19 2016, 05:32 AM
Post #4

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

he sold it to a shop ..don't know which one ??
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Curbandgutter
post Aug 19 2016, 07:27 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Aug 19 2016, 04:20 AM) *

The guy that did the original build on the car posts some over on the Lateral G forum and is building a genI Camaro with a C6 corvette drivetrain.

Can you give me the link? The only thing I found was a shop in Bakersfield that appears to do some incredible work. It seems that Drive-ability bought it from Craigslist? I'd like to talk with the original builder and to drive-ability.
+Quote Post
BIGKAT_83
post Aug 19 2016, 08:32 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(Curbandgutter @ Aug 19 2016, 09:27 AM) *

Can you give me the link? The only thing I found was a shop in Bakersfield that appears to do some incredible work. It seems that Drive-ability bought it from Craigslist? I'd like to talk with the original builder and to drive-ability.

Here is a link to a thread LateralG The guy that did all the orginal work was Spode
You can try to get in touch with him on Lateral g

Bob
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Aug 19 2016, 08:43 AM
Post #7

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

He's in witness protection... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Aug 19 2016, 09:56 AM
Post #8

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

his new name is Walkability.
+Quote Post
Curbandgutter
post Aug 19 2016, 10:02 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Aug 19 2016, 07:32 AM) *

Here is a link to a thread LateralG The guy that did all the orginal work was Spode

Bob

Bob your the MAN! Thanks! I saw the link and yep that's the guy. I sent him a PM we will see if he responds.
+Quote Post
BIGKAT_83
post Aug 19 2016, 11:00 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(Curbandgutter @ Aug 19 2016, 12:02 PM) *

Bob

Bob your the MAN! Thanks! I saw the link and yep that's the guy. I sent him a PM we will see if he responds.

You need to start a thread on Lateralg or the pro-touring forum. Allot more of your type work going on over there. Its really amazing what people are doing in there own garages. I've got some pictures of another car from SD CA with 996 suspension and LS6/G50 conversion. I'll try to find them when I get home.
+Quote Post
Curbandgutter
post Aug 19 2016, 02:47 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Aug 19 2016, 10:00 AM) *

Bob

You need to start a thread on Lateralg or the pro-touring forum. Allot more of your type work going on over there. Its really amazing what people are doing in there own garages. I've got some pictures of another car from SD CA with 996 suspension and LS6/G50 conversion. I'll try to find them when I get home.

I just did. Yes it made alot of sense to do that. There are some incredible builds going on. It's humbling. Yes I would love to see those pictures. It's always super helpful to see what others have to done to learn from their triumphs and more importantly their pitfalls. Thanks Again.

+Quote Post
BIGKAT_83
post Aug 20 2016, 09:03 AM
Post #12

The other car I was talking about was csdilligaf car. I guess you already know him. His car was one hell of a start.
+Quote Post
carr914
post Aug 20 2016, 09:36 AM
Post #13

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623

QUOTE(Curbandgutter @ Aug 19 2016, 04:47 PM) *

QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Aug 19 2016, 10:00 AM) *

Bob

I just did. Yes it made alot of sense to do that. There are some incredible builds going on. It's humbling. Yes I would love to see those pictures. It's always super helpful to see what others have to done to learn from their triumphs and more importantly their pitfalls. Thanks Again.

I commented on it yesterday
+Quote Post
Curbandgutter
post Aug 22 2016, 01:56 PM
Post #14

Hey thanks everyone. I got in touch with the gentleman that built Drive-Ability's chassis. Real nice guy. Meeting him next weekend.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 09:19 PM