Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does Anyone Know how to get a hold of a member Drive-Ability?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Curbandgutter
I've left private PM and Email but it seems that the last time he was on was 6 months ago. I'm trying to get in contact with the gentlemen who built the conversion from the 996 suspension onto the 914 frame. I understand that drive-ability did not build it, but rather he bought it from some talented fabricator in Orange County California. Any help in location either of them would be helpful. Let's see the power of the forum at work.
jim_hoyland
From his last post he's sold the car and moved to Washington
BIGKAT_83
The guy that did the original build on the car posts some over on the Lateral G forum and is building a genI Camaro with a C6 corvette drivetrain.
sixnotfour
he sold it to a shop ..don't know which one ??
Curbandgutter
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Aug 19 2016, 04:20 AM) *

The guy that did the original build on the car posts some over on the Lateral G forum and is building a genI Camaro with a C6 corvette drivetrain.

Can you give me the link? The only thing I found was a shop in Bakersfield that appears to do some incredible work. It seems that Drive-ability bought it from Craigslist? I'd like to talk with the original builder and to drive-ability.
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(Curbandgutter @ Aug 19 2016, 09:27 AM) *

Can you give me the link? The only thing I found was a shop in Bakersfield that appears to do some incredible work. It seems that Drive-ability bought it from Craigslist? I'd like to talk with the original builder and to drive-ability.

Here is a link to a thread LateralG The guy that did all the orginal work was Spode
You can try to get in touch with him on Lateral g

Bob
ConeDodger
He's in witness protection... shades.gif
r_towle
his new name is Walkability.
Curbandgutter
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Aug 19 2016, 07:32 AM) *

Here is a link to a thread LateralG The guy that did all the orginal work was Spode

Bob

Bob your the MAN! Thanks! I saw the link and yep that's the guy. I sent him a PM we will see if he responds.
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(Curbandgutter @ Aug 19 2016, 12:02 PM) *

Bob

Bob your the MAN! Thanks! I saw the link and yep that's the guy. I sent him a PM we will see if he responds.

You need to start a thread on Lateralg or the pro-touring forum. Allot more of your type work going on over there. Its really amazing what people are doing in there own garages. I've got some pictures of another car from SD CA with 996 suspension and LS6/G50 conversion. I'll try to find them when I get home.
Curbandgutter
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Aug 19 2016, 10:00 AM) *

Bob

You need to start a thread on Lateralg or the pro-touring forum. Allot more of your type work going on over there. Its really amazing what people are doing in there own garages. I've got some pictures of another car from SD CA with 996 suspension and LS6/G50 conversion. I'll try to find them when I get home.

I just did. Yes it made alot of sense to do that. There are some incredible builds going on. It's humbling. Yes I would love to see those pictures. It's always super helpful to see what others have to done to learn from their triumphs and more importantly their pitfalls. Thanks Again.

BIGKAT_83
The other car I was talking about was csdilligaf car. I guess you already know him. His car was one hell of a start.
carr914
QUOTE(Curbandgutter @ Aug 19 2016, 04:47 PM) *

QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Aug 19 2016, 10:00 AM) *

Bob

I just did. Yes it made alot of sense to do that. There are some incredible builds going on. It's humbling. Yes I would love to see those pictures. It's always super helpful to see what others have to done to learn from their triumphs and more importantly their pitfalls. Thanks Again.

I commented on it yesterday
Curbandgutter
Hey thanks everyone. I got in touch with the gentleman that built Drive-Ability's chassis. Real nice guy. Meeting him next weekend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.