Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 6.5s under standard rear arches, Will they fit.... or will they rub?
23e Heure
post Aug 24 2016, 03:08 AM
Post #1

Busy overtaking 911s

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,057
Region Association: England

I am planning to send my car to a shop over the winter to have GT arches welded, and then it will be rolling on 7s and 8s... or 8s and 9s (I am still pondering that choice).

In the meantime I have already got local buyers waiting to take the set of 6x15 fuchs that are currently fitted to the car.

In the meantime a friend has offered to lend me a set of steelies to roll the car on.
This will only be to drive the car a couple of hundred miles between home and the shops doing the work.

The fronts would be 5.5x15, so no worries there.

But the rears he is offering are 6.5x15s. Offset is 36. And they are fitted with 195/60 rubber. So the question is: w

Would they rub the standard narrow rear arches? If so, only a tiny bit? Or lots?

As I'm cutting the arches over the winter I am not too worried by rubbing those a bit.
But I would worry about trashing my buddies tyres!

The loan wheels are a 2 hours round trip from me, so I can't just fit and try them out, hence me askig the Oracle of the forum.

Thanks guys!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 09:54 AM