Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Price check, 911sc front susp
Chris914n6
post Sep 13 2016, 03:34 PM
Post #1

Jackstands are my life.

Group: Members
Member No.: 431
Region Association: Southwest Region

What's a 911sc front susp go for these days in Socal, private party? Arms, struts, hubs, and recently rebuilt calipers and newer rotors & pads. No crossbar.

Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
amfab
post Sep 13 2016, 05:45 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 20,004
Region Association: None

Hi,

I have been casually looking for struts the last couple months because I have slowly started to accumulate parts for a 914-6 conversion.

I have seen some struts that are way overpriced on eBay. 3.5 and 3.0 spacing struts with asking prices $800, $1k or more, but they do not seem to sell (there has been a nice set of 3.5 Konis there for $650 for a month or more—see:

( http://www.ebay.com/itm/NICE-PAIR-ORIGINAL...item54359d5a58: g:Ct8AAOSwhOdXpJaG&vxp=mtr

In the Pelican, Early 911s Registry, and Rennlist classifieds, what I have seen is 3.5 spacing struts with no hubs/calipers—in good shape—going for $400–$800 a pair (a pair just sold a few days ago on Pelican for $400). The 3inch spacing ones are not as desirable so less

So struts $400ish
Hubs go for $250-300 a pair
Rotors are fairly cheap new maybe $75
Rebuilt calipers $300-$350
A-arms $100-$125

As a whole package I would guess a reasonable price $900-$1100
maybe more with torsion bars, newer inserts, sway bars, crossmember, newer bearings or if everything is in really good shape

I am curious if others think this is a reasonable price.

-Andrew
+Quote Post
turnaround89
post Sep 13 2016, 09:38 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,067
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Just paid $750 for a complete 911S front end. Only thing it didn't come with was the steering rack. I was really excited to get the aluminum brake calipers. Definitely gonna need to rebuild the brake calipers and new ball joints but that was the best price I could find for a complete front suspension.

I think most front ends you find will need some rebuilding. Ball joints are common since the boot will tear just those are fairly inexpensive.

I think amfab has the price range correct.
+Quote Post
exultant1
post Sep 14 2016, 03:05 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 18,791

I have a set from a low mileage 1988 carrera that is completely assembled and ready to bolt on since it was a low mileage 911 and stored indoors.
- struts (3.5)
- hubs
- rotors
- calipers

Also rear hubs and rotors for 5 lug conversion (new never used)

1200 plus shipping.
+Quote Post
amfab
post Sep 14 2016, 05:20 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 20,004

QUOTE(exultant1 @ Sep 14 2016, 02:05 PM) *

I have a set from a low mileage 1988 carrera that is completely assembled and ready to bolt on since it was a low mileage 911 and stored indoors.
- struts (3.5)
- hubs
- rotors
- calipers

Also rear hubs and rotors for 5 lug conversion (new never used)

1200 plus shipping.

PM re suspension sent
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 09:41 AM