Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Price check
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Chris914n6
What's a 911sc front susp go for these days in Socal, private party? Arms, struts, hubs, and recently rebuilt calipers and newer rotors & pads. No crossbar.

Thanks.
amfab
Hi,

I have been casually looking for struts the last couple months because I have slowly started to accumulate parts for a 914-6 conversion.

I have seen some struts that are way overpriced on eBay. 3.5 and 3.0 spacing struts with asking prices $800, $1k or more, but they do not seem to sell (there has been a nice set of 3.5 Konis there for $650 for a month or more—see:

( http://www.ebay.com/itm/NICE-PAIR-ORIGINAL...item54359d5a58: g:Ct8AAOSwhOdXpJaG&vxp=mtr

In the Pelican, Early 911s Registry, and Rennlist classifieds, what I have seen is 3.5 spacing struts with no hubs/calipers—in good shape—going for $400–$800 a pair (a pair just sold a few days ago on Pelican for $400). The 3inch spacing ones are not as desirable so less

So struts $400ish
Hubs go for $250-300 a pair
Rotors are fairly cheap new maybe $75
Rebuilt calipers $300-$350
A-arms $100-$125

As a whole package I would guess a reasonable price $900-$1100
maybe more with torsion bars, newer inserts, sway bars, crossmember, newer bearings or if everything is in really good shape

I am curious if others think this is a reasonable price.

-Andrew
turnaround89
Just paid $750 for a complete 911S front end. Only thing it didn't come with was the steering rack. I was really excited to get the aluminum brake calipers. Definitely gonna need to rebuild the brake calipers and new ball joints but that was the best price I could find for a complete front suspension.

I think most front ends you find will need some rebuilding. Ball joints are common since the boot will tear just those are fairly inexpensive.

I think amfab has the price range correct.
exultant1
I have a set from a low mileage 1988 carrera that is completely assembled and ready to bolt on since it was a low mileage 911 and stored indoors.
- struts (3.5)
- hubs
- rotors
- calipers

Also rear hubs and rotors for 5 lug conversion (new never used)

1200 plus shipping.
amfab
QUOTE(exultant1 @ Sep 14 2016, 02:05 PM) *

I have a set from a low mileage 1988 carrera that is completely assembled and ready to bolt on since it was a low mileage 911 and stored indoors.
- struts (3.5)
- hubs
- rotors
- calipers

Also rear hubs and rotors for 5 lug conversion (new never used)

1200 plus shipping.

PM re suspension sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.