Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> switched to Hot-Spark electronic Ignition, removing points
donman68
post Sep 21 2016, 12:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,260
Region Association: South East States

Hey experts, bought Hot-Spark $44. 1.7L JFUDX dual-vacuum distributor . thought I would convert to electronic ignition per all the good things about HAVING IT.. But I think I may switch back to points. It does seem a little better but still tweaking it.. Well thus far not impressed for my car was running very choice prior. Car over revved and tach pegged out . scared tha Sh*T out of me. Do I need rev. limiter now.????
1. Getting frustrated.. I am about rip out this F.I. go carbs. advice.
2. Car bucks again . misses at High RPM. after I somewhat eliminated this. With new circuit plate. ( 914 rubber had the part)
3. I am thinking of getting new trigger points for distributor. maybe will help.
4. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) Why and if this is the worst engine for the 914 1.7L . I mean No aftermarket distributors. Fuel pumps rare hard to come by. No balls for an engine.
5. Feel like distributor barely makes contact. original dist. seized up about destroyed the cam gear. (I never changed it but still works)..
thanks for any and all help advice. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) : (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 09:41 AM