Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: switched to Hot-Spark electronic Ignition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
donman68
Hey experts, bought Hot-Spark $44. 1.7L JFUDX dual-vacuum distributor . thought I would convert to electronic ignition per all the good things about HAVING IT.. But I think I may switch back to points. It does seem a little better but still tweaking it.. Well thus far not impressed for my car was running very choice prior. Car over revved and tach pegged out . scared tha Sh*T out of me. Do I need rev. limiter now.????
1. Getting frustrated.. I am about rip out this F.I. go carbs. advice.
2. Car bucks again . misses at High RPM. after I somewhat eliminated this. With new circuit plate. ( 914 rubber had the part)
3. I am thinking of getting new trigger points for distributor. maybe will help.
4. ar15.gif Why and if this is the worst engine for the 914 1.7L . I mean No aftermarket distributors. Fuel pumps rare hard to come by. No balls for an engine.
5. Feel like distributor barely makes contact. original dist. seized up about destroyed the cam gear. (I never changed it but still works)..
thanks for any and all help advice. confused24.gif : hissyfit.gif
scott_in_nh
I put Hot-Spark electronic ignition kit in my 2.0 5 years and 25k miles ago and haven't touched the distributor since.

It ran smoother and started easier immediately.

So IMO they are unlikely to be the cause of your problems.

Engine over revving is usually cause by the nut behind the wheel. poke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.