Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 3.2 On the Road, And into cold storage WI winter coming
worn
post Oct 6 2016, 08:51 AM
Post #1

can't remember

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Well I have gotten everything but a small punch list finished and in the end had to roll out the fenders. I bought a roller like in eastwood from Amazon for about $50 and it came without instructions. So I jacked up the car, modified the hub holes on the unit so they fit, which they didn't at first, and installed it.

Not really knowing what to do I got into the car, started her up and eased into 1st. Then I sort of dumped the clutch. There was a sudden whacky whacky crashing, the car leaped off the jack stand and started limping forward as the fender stretcher came round to ground with each spin. Put the wheel back n and it was perfect.

Note: if anyone is looking for instruction: I did NOT do that. I was hoping to raise some eyebrows about technique, but realize that someone might perhaps believe it.

Actually the unit did the job. So I was ready to go. However, the salt may hit the road without warning this time of year, so into the storage garage it goes. I got to drive it about 40 miles. Original 5th gear is now 4th and the new 5th is a flipped HB from Dr Evil. The springs I chose are perfect: Original 911 torsion bars up front and 175 coil overs from Coleman in back. Blisters from PMB. That means Bilstein in spell check/correct.
Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 5)
Cairo94507
post Oct 6 2016, 09:12 PM
Post #2

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Worn - Very cool but we need to see pics of the fenders and the 3.2. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mb911
post Oct 7 2016, 05:13 AM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,892

Agreed
+Quote Post
worn
post Oct 7 2016, 08:02 AM
Post #4

can't remember

Member No.: 13,152

QUOTE(mb911 @ Oct 7 2016, 03:13 AM) *

Agreed

OK. I have never had a speeding ticket in almost 50 years of driving. I was doing 90 before I knew it. The white 914 is set real low and harsh. This one seems more stable at speed and a lot more comfortable. I love it and am glad I did it. Going out to visit it today and start reassembling the 911 motor so I will try to bring the camera.

As far as motor:
I think I posted this before.
Attached Image
I am trying to put together the things that went into the car. I made as much of the stuff as I could including the alu oil tank. Maybe a build thread.
+Quote Post
mbseto
post Oct 7 2016, 08:18 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 17,743
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(worn @ Oct 6 2016, 10:51 AM) *

Note: if anyone is looking for instruction: I did NOT do that. I was hoping to raise some eyebrows about technique, but realize that someone might perhaps believe it.

My first thought was, man I hope he got that on video...
+Quote Post
orthobiz
post Oct 7 2016, 12:19 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 7,438

I live in salty Michigan. I've had good luck with storage from Nov 1 until May 1. I think you have at least two more weeks of driving!!

Paul
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 03:53 PM