Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3.2 On the Road
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
worn
Well I have gotten everything but a small punch list finished and in the end had to roll out the fenders. I bought a roller like in eastwood from Amazon for about $50 and it came without instructions. So I jacked up the car, modified the hub holes on the unit so they fit, which they didn't at first, and installed it.

Not really knowing what to do I got into the car, started her up and eased into 1st. Then I sort of dumped the clutch. There was a sudden whacky whacky crashing, the car leaped off the jack stand and started limping forward as the fender stretcher came round to ground with each spin. Put the wheel back n and it was perfect.

Note: if anyone is looking for instruction: I did NOT do that. I was hoping to raise some eyebrows about technique, but realize that someone might perhaps believe it.

Actually the unit did the job. So I was ready to go. However, the salt may hit the road without warning this time of year, so into the storage garage it goes. I got to drive it about 40 miles. Original 5th gear is now 4th and the new 5th is a flipped HB from Dr Evil. The springs I chose are perfect: Original 911 torsion bars up front and 175 coil overs from Coleman in back. Blisters from PMB. That means Bilstein in spell check/correct.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Worn - Very cool but we need to see pics of the fenders and the 3.2. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
mb911
Agreed
worn
QUOTE(mb911 @ Oct 7 2016, 03:13 AM) *

Agreed

OK. I have never had a speeding ticket in almost 50 years of driving. I was doing 90 before I knew it. The white 914 is set real low and harsh. This one seems more stable at speed and a lot more comfortable. I love it and am glad I did it. Going out to visit it today and start reassembling the 911 motor so I will try to bring the camera.

As far as motor:
I think I posted this before.
Click to view attachment
I am trying to put together the things that went into the car. I made as much of the stuff as I could including the alu oil tank. Maybe a build thread.
mbseto
QUOTE(worn @ Oct 6 2016, 10:51 AM) *

Note: if anyone is looking for instruction: I did NOT do that. I was hoping to raise some eyebrows about technique, but realize that someone might perhaps believe it.

My first thought was, man I hope he got that on video...
orthobiz
I live in salty Michigan. I've had good luck with storage from Nov 1 until May 1. I think you have at least two more weeks of driving!!

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.