Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> bolting seats to the floor, suggestions wanted
djm914-6
post Apr 19 2005, 09:08 AM
Post #1

Happiness is: Getting on the road

Group: Members
Member No.: 248
Region Association: None

Corbeau Forza Seats:

My passanger seat needed to be bolted down before I went away to a local event. I was out of time and money so I bought some longer bolts, some large washers and a couple of rubber pucks. I drilled four holes and tightened everything down. Seemed to work, but the screws need to be retightened it seams.

Is there a problem with this method? Because the passenger side bolts are now a little below the floor, I'll recaulk the holes and tighten everything back up. Why not do the same for the drivers side?

Is there a better way?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Apr 19 2005, 09:16 AM
Post #2

rich herzog

Member No.: 513

you lose the adjustability, but if you're the only driver and you can get the fore/aft and rake you like that way, go for it.

the Sparco's in the 911 are basically bolted to the floor - they're on the sliders which are bolted to the floor so i have the fore/aft adjustment available. they're A LOT lower than the factory mounting location.
+Quote Post
djm914-6
post Apr 19 2005, 10:10 AM
Post #3

Happiness is: Getting on the road

Member No.: 248

I'll be reappolstering the seats anyway, so while I'm at it, I'll bake a pad for my wife to use. I figure if the LeMans people can do it, so can't I. I figured that the handle broke due to excess use anyway and it won't be long before something else goes. The corbeau seats have a large theigh pad and that interferes with the wheel. I was always needing to push the seat back to get out. With it lower, I won't have that problem. Also if I do get in some AX event's this year, my helmet won't be resting on the roof. An added benifit is that I'm built like an ape! I have long arms and short legs. Using the cross brace under the seat will allow the seat to be angled back.

you don't see a problem with the bolts below the car?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 07:26 PM