Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bolting seats to the floor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
Corbeau Forza Seats:

My passanger seat needed to be bolted down before I went away to a local event. I was out of time and money so I bought some longer bolts, some large washers and a couple of rubber pucks. I drilled four holes and tightened everything down. Seemed to work, but the screws need to be retightened it seams.

Is there a problem with this method? Because the passenger side bolts are now a little below the floor, I'll recaulk the holes and tighten everything back up. Why not do the same for the drivers side?

Is there a better way?
ArtechnikA
you lose the adjustability, but if you're the only driver and you can get the fore/aft and rake you like that way, go for it.

the Sparco's in the 911 are basically bolted to the floor - they're on the sliders which are bolted to the floor so i have the fore/aft adjustment available. they're A LOT lower than the factory mounting location.
djm914-6
I'll be reappolstering the seats anyway, so while I'm at it, I'll bake a pad for my wife to use. I figure if the LeMans people can do it, so can't I. I figured that the handle broke due to excess use anyway and it won't be long before something else goes. The corbeau seats have a large theigh pad and that interferes with the wheel. I was always needing to push the seat back to get out. With it lower, I won't have that problem. Also if I do get in some AX event's this year, my helmet won't be resting on the roof. An added benifit is that I'm built like an ape! I have long arms and short legs. Using the cross brace under the seat will allow the seat to be angled back.

you don't see a problem with the bolts below the car?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.