Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> INterior Light Question, Didn't want to hijack thread
bd1308
post Apr 19 2005, 04:46 PM
Post #1

Sir Post-a-lot

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,501

I have a spot and a craving for a interior light....I don't know where the wires are for it....and I don't have the light

I need:
*A new/used but GUD light
*where is the factory wiring for all of this

Oh, and one other thing, where is the buzzer in these cars...mine doesn't work and I wanna see if replacing the magic Pandora's box of magic will make everything work again.....

or i could just turn the pink car into a time machine and go back to 1974 and tell porsche not to use pot-metal parts and buy a brand new 0 mile 914 (2.0 of course) and store it until now....

I think i'm going to build a pink time machine, anybody have plans for a flux capicator? Who's a EE?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Apr 19 2005, 04:51 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

the light is I believe a standard bug part....should cost about $10...

the wires should be there, you just are not looking hard enough.....have you removed your backpad, seats and the carpet near the firewall?

the haynes manual will tell you what color wires to look for...it should be pretty evident once you see the wires back there

what do you know, the haynes manual with the wiring diagram will show you the location of the buzzer as well....
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Apr 19 2005, 07:32 PM
Post #3

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

The wires have fallen down in between the backpad and the firewall. One of them is "hot" at all times, so you may wind up popping fuses at random when it contacts a good enough ground.

As Mike said, the light is (interchangeable with) a standard Bug light. Cheap and easy.

The "door-ajar" buzzer on 74+ cars is under the passenger's seat. It's the smaller of the two electrical boxes plugged into the black plastic socket down there. Mine sounded totally beyond pathetic, so I unplugged it and tossed it.

--DD
+Quote Post
Garland
post Apr 19 2005, 07:51 PM
Post #4

Restoration Fanatic

Member No.: 1,535
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Apr 19 2005, 08:32 PM)

As Mike said, the light is (interchangeable with) a standard Bug light. Cheap and easy.

--DD

I recall the orginal light was slightly smaller with a silver band around the edge. The silver was painted on. I could be wrong about the size, since I can't seem to find one but the VW light is a tight fit.
+Quote Post
bd1308
post Apr 19 2005, 08:34 PM
Post #5

Sir Post-a-lot

Member No.: 3,501

QUOTE (Mueller @ Apr 19 2005, 04:51 PM)
the light is I believe a standard bug part....should cost about $10...

the wires should be there, you just are not looking hard enough.....have you removed your backpad, seats and the carpet near the firewall?

the haynes manual will tell you what color wires to look for...it should be pretty evident once you see the wires back there

what do you know, the haynes manual with the wiring diagram will show you the location of the buzzer as well....

brown ground and red/white positive....or was it black positive? I can't remember...i'll look, i'll just rip everything out to look....why in the hell am I asking questions when I can just do it? *shrugs*
+Quote Post
Pugbug
post Apr 19 2005, 08:57 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 3,604

The colours are........ positive red/black......door switches brown/white........brown ground. Brown and brown/white go on one side of the light, and red/black on the other.
+Quote Post
Allan
post Apr 19 2005, 09:02 PM
Post #7

Teenerless Weenie

Member No.: 2,304
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE (bd1308 @ Apr 19 2005, 07:34 PM)
i'll look, i'll just rip everything out to look....why in the hell am I asking questions when I can just do it? *shrugs*

Please just pay attention to the answers you get and do a search whenever you can.

You RULE DUDE!!!!!! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 07:57 PM