Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: INterior Light Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
I have a spot and a craving for a interior light....I don't know where the wires are for it....and I don't have the light

I need:
*A new/used but GUD light
*where is the factory wiring for all of this

Oh, and one other thing, where is the buzzer in these cars...mine doesn't work and I wanna see if replacing the magic Pandora's box of magic will make everything work again.....

or i could just turn the pink car into a time machine and go back to 1974 and tell porsche not to use pot-metal parts and buy a brand new 0 mile 914 (2.0 of course) and store it until now....

I think i'm going to build a pink time machine, anybody have plans for a flux capicator? Who's a EE?
Mueller
the light is I believe a standard bug part....should cost about $10...

the wires should be there, you just are not looking hard enough.....have you removed your backpad, seats and the carpet near the firewall?

the haynes manual will tell you what color wires to look for...it should be pretty evident once you see the wires back there

what do you know, the haynes manual with the wiring diagram will show you the location of the buzzer as well....
Dave_Darling
The wires have fallen down in between the backpad and the firewall. One of them is "hot" at all times, so you may wind up popping fuses at random when it contacts a good enough ground.

As Mike said, the light is (interchangeable with) a standard Bug light. Cheap and easy.

The "door-ajar" buzzer on 74+ cars is under the passenger's seat. It's the smaller of the two electrical boxes plugged into the black plastic socket down there. Mine sounded totally beyond pathetic, so I unplugged it and tossed it.

--DD
Garland
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Apr 19 2005, 08:32 PM)

As Mike said, the light is (interchangeable with) a standard Bug light. Cheap and easy.

--DD

I recall the orginal light was slightly smaller with a silver band around the edge. The silver was painted on. I could be wrong about the size, since I can't seem to find one but the VW light is a tight fit.
bd1308
QUOTE (Mueller @ Apr 19 2005, 04:51 PM)
the light is I believe a standard bug part....should cost about $10...

the wires should be there, you just are not looking hard enough.....have you removed your backpad, seats and the carpet near the firewall?

the haynes manual will tell you what color wires to look for...it should be pretty evident once you see the wires back there

what do you know, the haynes manual with the wiring diagram will show you the location of the buzzer as well....

brown ground and red/white positive....or was it black positive? I can't remember...i'll look, i'll just rip everything out to look....why in the hell am I asking questions when I can just do it? *shrugs*
Pugbug
The colours are........ positive red/black......door switches brown/white........brown ground. Brown and brown/white go on one side of the light, and red/black on the other.
Allan
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Apr 19 2005, 07:34 PM)
i'll look, i'll just rip everything out to look....why in the hell am I asking questions when I can just do it? *shrugs*

Please just pay attention to the answers you get and do a search whenever you can.

You RULE DUDE!!!!!! wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.