Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> rear trunk carpet and insulation pad, are these still available?
frankieshooz
post Oct 19 2016, 11:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,945
Region Association: Northern California

ok after much deliberation I've decided to remove the dealer installed AC unit it was just to fricking fugly not to mention falling apart. Although it did function I just have never had a use for it...the problem is now that I am taking it out I have butchered panels, superfluous holes everywhere!, which will need to be addressed. The condenser was installed in the rear trunk with a fan underneath....needless to say I have a nice big window to my transaxle and rear suspension. Unfortunately, the carpet and insulation were cut so my question is do they still make these pieces pictured below in these styles:

With the insulation pad there is a definite impression of the cross bar and round thingamajig

with the carpet I notice there is a metal grommet that I have not seen in the reproduction pieces.

LMK thoughts....

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
frankieshooz
post Oct 19 2016, 12:24 PM
Post #2

oops double posted! Sorry. Cant figure out how to delete post with no pics...
+Quote Post
frankieshooz
post Oct 21 2016, 12:07 AM
Post #3

still no response from the concours experts?.....hmmm thought someone would chime in by now...would it help if I posted pics of hot babes?
+Quote Post
gcrotvik
post Oct 21 2016, 11:54 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 11,134
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

No, the carpet and rubber pad are NLA. I understand Porsche still has the later foam pad that was used in the late 74 through 76 models. The carpet, as I said is NLA and is difficult to find in like new condition. AA (Auto Atlanta) supposedly has a reproduction of the carpet but it isn't an exact copy of the original. As you noted, there is no grommet in the AA reproduction. You can however add that if you go with that reproduction. The grommet is widely available.

I might post a WTB ad in the FS/WTB parts section to see what another member may have.

Greg
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:39 PM