Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear trunk carpet and insulation pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
frankieshooz
ok after much deliberation I've decided to remove the dealer installed AC unit it was just to fricking fugly not to mention falling apart. Although it did function I just have never had a use for it...the problem is now that I am taking it out I have butchered panels, superfluous holes everywhere!, which will need to be addressed. The condenser was installed in the rear trunk with a fan underneath....needless to say I have a nice big window to my transaxle and rear suspension. Unfortunately, the carpet and insulation were cut so my question is do they still make these pieces pictured below in these styles:

With the insulation pad there is a definite impression of the cross bar and round thingamajig

with the carpet I notice there is a metal grommet that I have not seen in the reproduction pieces.

LMK thoughts....
frankieshooz
oops double posted! Sorry. Cant figure out how to delete post with no pics...
frankieshooz
still no response from the concours experts?.....hmmm thought someone would chime in by now...would it help if I posted pics of hot babes?
gcrotvik
No, the carpet and rubber pad are NLA. I understand Porsche still has the later foam pad that was used in the late 74 through 76 models. The carpet, as I said is NLA and is difficult to find in like new condition. AA (Auto Atlanta) supposedly has a reproduction of the carpet but it isn't an exact copy of the original. As you noted, there is no grommet in the AA reproduction. You can however add that if you go with that reproduction. The grommet is widely available.

I might post a WTB ad in the FS/WTB parts section to see what another member may have.

Greg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.