Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2.0 engine big bore rebuild...is a time cert from blown sparkplug an issue?
carcus
post Oct 22 2016, 10:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,760
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I had a spark plug blow out from my 2.0 engine. It was a failed helicoill repair from a previous owner. I had a time cert put in the head to repair it.

If I get a big bore repair kit, I understand the block will be fine, but will the time cert in the one blown out cylinder create a new problem where I need a new head?

Also, is there a sponsor that sells everything I need for a big bore package...this will be with 1976 FI, not going to carbs, but need a package deal for all the parts.

Any links would be appreciated. Just keeping stock FI but making the engine stronger. It is getting tired. This is a long term plan.

Also, looking at getting the OEM side shift trans built for mild racing. Any links or round about price for a trans rebuild?

The car will have some down time next year getting a new pan and some rust repair so would like the transaxle sent out and the engine rebuilt at the same time. Right now I have the dreaded 2nd gear issue...same thing my dang Porsche 996 had...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Oct 23 2016, 04:22 AM
Post #2

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(carcus @ Oct 23 2016, 12:04 AM) *

I had a spark plug blow out from my 2.0 engine. It was a failed helicoill repair from a previous owner. I had a time cert put in the head to repair it.

If I get a big bore repair kit, I understand the block will be fine, but will the time cert in the one blown out cylinder create a new problem where I need a new head?

Also, is there a sponsor that sells everything I need for a big bore package...this will be with 1976 FI, not going to carbs, but need a package deal for all the parts.

Any links would be appreciated. Just keeping stock FI but making the engine stronger. It is getting tired. This is a long term plan.

Also, looking at getting the OEM side shift trans built for mild racing. Any links or round about price for a trans rebuild?

The car will have some down time next year getting a new pan and some rust repair so would like the transaxle sent out and the engine rebuilt at the same time. Right now I have the dreaded 2nd gear issue...same thing my dang Porsche 996 had...

Someone will chime in on the engine components. For a transmission you should send a PM to member Dr. Evil.

+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Oct 23 2016, 08:03 AM
Post #3

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

Your going to do a big bore to a two litre and end up with a 1976 cc? One of us is very confused.
+Quote Post
crash914
post Oct 23 2016, 08:27 AM
Post #4

its a mystery to me

Member No.: 434
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

wants to run 2.0 FI.

Contact McMark.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:08 PM