Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 engine big bore rebuild...is a time cert from blown sparkplug an issue?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carcus
I had a spark plug blow out from my 2.0 engine. It was a failed helicoill repair from a previous owner. I had a time cert put in the head to repair it.

If I get a big bore repair kit, I understand the block will be fine, but will the time cert in the one blown out cylinder create a new problem where I need a new head?

Also, is there a sponsor that sells everything I need for a big bore package...this will be with 1976 FI, not going to carbs, but need a package deal for all the parts.

Any links would be appreciated. Just keeping stock FI but making the engine stronger. It is getting tired. This is a long term plan.

Also, looking at getting the OEM side shift trans built for mild racing. Any links or round about price for a trans rebuild?

The car will have some down time next year getting a new pan and some rust repair so would like the transaxle sent out and the engine rebuilt at the same time. Right now I have the dreaded 2nd gear issue...same thing my dang Porsche 996 had...
billh1963
QUOTE(carcus @ Oct 23 2016, 12:04 AM) *

I had a spark plug blow out from my 2.0 engine. It was a failed helicoill repair from a previous owner. I had a time cert put in the head to repair it.

If I get a big bore repair kit, I understand the block will be fine, but will the time cert in the one blown out cylinder create a new problem where I need a new head?

Also, is there a sponsor that sells everything I need for a big bore package...this will be with 1976 FI, not going to carbs, but need a package deal for all the parts.

Any links would be appreciated. Just keeping stock FI but making the engine stronger. It is getting tired. This is a long term plan.

Also, looking at getting the OEM side shift trans built for mild racing. Any links or round about price for a trans rebuild?

The car will have some down time next year getting a new pan and some rust repair so would like the transaxle sent out and the engine rebuilt at the same time. Right now I have the dreaded 2nd gear issue...same thing my dang Porsche 996 had...

Someone will chime in on the engine components. For a transmission you should send a PM to member Dr. Evil.

TheCabinetmaker
Your going to do a big bore to a two litre and end up with a 1976 cc? One of us is very confused.
crash914
wants to run 2.0 FI.

Contact McMark.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.