Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Brake MC leak, Still pulling my hair out.....
914bub
post Oct 25 2016, 10:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,260
Region Association: None

I've searched and read all I could. Here's some history. I installed a new 19mm brake master cylinder 2 summers ago, the front reservoir line has leaked from day one. After some research I realized I didn't have distance washers so I got a pair, (Thank you Mepstein).

Today I took the MC to work, cleaned it up, installed the distance washers and grommets. When I tried to shove the lines in I couldn't get the lines to go in, so I read some more. The bird site says install the grommets on the reservoir lines, then pop them in. Another thread said start the lines just barely into the grommets then seat the grommets, then push the lines the rest of the way in.

Both above methods seem like the distance washers could pop out of place trying to move the MC into place and get the grommets and lines installed. Everything I had read until now lead me to believe the MC with washers and grommets should be installed in the car and then the reservoir lines popped into the grommets.

Any insight would be appreciated, I've had the MC out 4 times. Yes, the reservoir is loose so the lines can be pulled down further. I also have long needle nose pliers made for pulling vacuum hoses that I'm using to try to seat the lines.i

I'm over screwing with it and it's driving me nuts.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 01:59 PM