Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Engine Cradles - Your pics and thoughts, Taking my motor out to finish assembling carbs and work in bay
NS914
post Oct 27 2016, 04:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,455
Region Association: Canada

Hey Everyone,
I am looking for your thoughts and pics of course re Engine Cradles you have assembled. I am finishing off the wiring for my car and will assemble the Webers as well and likely do a few other things while it is out. This will likely be a month or two of work and I want to locate my engine on a safe and stable cradle that I can then lift the engine from and reinstall.

I don't think I have seen a thread re cradles so this should be interesting. As always, thanks for your thoughts and ingenuity. Grant
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
jimkelly
post Oct 27 2016, 04:41 PM
Post #2

Delaware USA

Member No.: 2,460
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

you probably wont lift the engine INTO the car. you will probably lower the car ONTO the engine (wheels off). i second furniture dolly.
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Oct 27 2016, 05:14 PM
Post #3

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

QUOTE(jimkelly @ Oct 27 2016, 05:41 PM) *

you probably wont lift the engine INTO the car. you will probably lower the car ONTO the engine (wheels off). i second furniture dolly.

Hard way to do it. I did that on my first removal. Sucked! Good quality floor jack and raise engine into place.

Stu, I think he means a cradle for lifting the engine.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 01:53 PM